9

"Thank you, dear Y/n, for your help with this... test subject." Dottore smiled at his assistant from across the operation table. Her stoic face shifted quickly to a soft smile.

"Oh, thank you!" I never want to go in that fucking room again.

She looked down at the test subject now strapped down to the same table she was strapped down on a few hours ago. Dottore also looked down, finding glee in finally dissecting a subject. He held a scalpel in his hand, not even bothering to put the patient under. He cut into the chest of the subject, the man on the table immediately started thrashing around, screaming in pain.

Dottore looked up at his assistant, his face that of annoyance. "Silence him."

"Of course." 

Y/n took out an anesthetic from beside her, flicking the syringe to get the excess air out. The male on the table somehow managed to stop screaming, though that might've been from Dottore stopping his cutting. The doctor watched her as she pierced the needle through his skin, injecting the liquid into his system.

It took a few moments until the patient was fully under the effects. She took out the needle and placed the syringe down. She looked up, noticing Dottore was staring at her.

"Did I do something wrong, Dottore?"

"No, nothing at all." He smiled.

Those sharp teeth of his sent a shiver down her spine. He made her feel... off. Unsafe. "Alright." She smiled back. She needs this. For her sister. Her hand went down to her pocket, wanting to feel the safety of that vial.

It wasn't there.

Shit.

Y/n felt panic begin to take its hold on her heart. She knew she couldn't let it show, it would make Dottore think she wasn't capable for this job. She was, she didn't spend all those years in the war for nothing.

It's funny. She only had that vial for a few days or so, but it changed almost everything about her. Maybe she liked the way it made her feel safe, made her feel like nothing was wrong in this cursed place.

"Are you looking for that vial that was in your pocket?"

Y/n's head snapped up, making eye contact with the doctor across from her.

"H-how-"

"Oh darling, I know everything. The vial is in your room, in the drawer of your nightstand." He chuckled.

"O-oh."

"I didn't think you would get so attached to it, it's only been 2, 3 days since I give it to you?" He shrugged. "Give or take. Time passes so quickly when you're dissecting subjects."

Her eyes widened. He gave the vial to her. The one thing she felt safe with. "You- you gave it to me?"

Dottore raised his bone saw from the male's chest. "Why, not me exactly. It was a clone. Different mask and all." He lowered the saw back down to his chest, turning it on. The saw cut through the bone with ease, and soon the sternum was extracted from his body. He picked it up and placed it on a separate table, putting the bone saw on a different table.

"But I was the one that made it."

Y/n stared at him, watching as he pulled the skin away from his bones, a sickening grin on his face. This manic gave her the one this she practically treasured. It was like telling someone their sister isn't theirs after living with them their entire life. It changes the perspective on things.

Dottore picked up a pair of scissors, using them to cut off the tendons that was holding the heart in place. He pulled out it out of his body, observing the muscle in the light. He shrugged and placed the heart in a jar, the label being 'for later.'

His actions surprised Y/n. How could he just act like what he did didn't affect her? It made her confused, and angry. She hated it.

"Hand me that bowl there."

"Sure." She grabbed the bowl beside her and handed it to him. Damn it. Why was she acting like what he did didn't affect her? Maybe it was just her will to live and her will to help her sister that making her act like this. Her survival instant, per se.

Dottore used his scalpel once again and continued cutting down his stomach, revealing the rest of his organs. "Let's work together on this, it'll take longer if it's just me."

"Of course, my apologies." Y/n pulled his skin away from the scalpel, Dottore putting the scalpel away for now. The both of you started to take out his organs, Y/n trying her best to take them out without causing much pain to the subject, while Dottore crudely ripped them out and dropped them into the bowl beside him. 

He didn't seem to care about the blood that splattered on his clothes, or of the blood that was sprayed onto his face. He only seemed to focus on the dissection of the subject, or was it killing the patient in the worst way possible?

The last organ landed in the bowl with a splat. Only then did Dottore notice the amount of blood on his face. "Oh," He chuckled. "I do get carried away sometimes." He pulled off his gloves and used a nearby towel to wipe off his face. He didn't get everything.

It made her a little bit angry. "You missed a spot, Dottore."

"Oh?"

"Here." Y/n pointed to a spot on her face. Funny enough, he missed the area entirely. "No-" She sighed. "You know what, let me."

She moved around the operation table and took the towel, raising it to his face and wiping off the blood that remained from his hasty wiping. Dottore watched her face as she was focused on getting rid of the spot. She stopped once the spot was gone, sensing eyes on her.

"Oh- uh. How awkward." She stepped back, an awkward smile on her face. "It's hard to tell if you're looking at me, because of the mask, you know."

"It's one of the benefits of it, yes." He chuckled.

"I hate that." She tossed the towel back him, the doctor catching it with ease.

"Oh really? That's a shame." He smirked.

She rolled her eyes. Tsaritsa- why was she acting like this? "Oh shush. Let's just continue."

"Hah, of course, my dear Y/n."