2

"Y/n! Wake up!" A voice rang throughout her head, shocking her awake. The fog from the night before cleared from her mind as she looked around, remembering what happened. She looked around the room, her mind wondering why she fell asleep in front of the door of all places, her eyes eventually landing on the vial in front of her.

The vial glowed gently, the violent glow from last night no longer existed, instead, all that was there was something more kind.
Y/n found herself reaching out for it, like she wasn't sure if it was real or not, like what happened last night wasn't true. Her fingertips brushed against the cool glass of the container, confirming what she knew.

Her mind drifted back to last night, and it was filled with the way his bright red eyes took up everything. The way his eyes glowed, even in her memories. The way his eyes glowed bright blood red, with certain parts glowing a darker or lighter color. It was the way that even then, late at night, just yesterday, when he stared at her, it felt like he was staring through her. Like he was staring into her soul.

It was weird, even now, in her memories, it still felt that way. It's not that she doesn't mind, it's just odd that a person could have such an impression on her. It's abnormal, she could barely remember what his mask looked like, if it covered the entirety of his face, or if it covered the top half or maybe the bottom? Nonetheless, she knew what color has hair was.

Messy, like he had just woken up, and light blue or was it teal? Was it sky blue instead? Did it have white streaks in it, dark blue streaks? Maybe she didn't remember as well as she thought. She frowned at that thought, she was almost certain he left a very good impression on her,considering all she could do is think about him. She found her hand was wrapped around the vial, liking the feel of the cold glass.

She looked at it and smiled, though she didn't know why. She didn't know the man, but for some reason, she felt like she did. Like the two of them had been friends since time itself, maybe even before then. Of course, it would only feel natural for him to feel the same way, but she would need to find him again to confirm her theory.

Y/n remembered why she woke up. Her mother had called for her. She should probably get ready quickly as to not piss her off further. She put the vial on a nearby shelf, changed into comfortable attire (suitable for the weather outside as well as easy movement for possible fights), and left the room, making sure to grab the vial on the way.

Her butt was painfully numb, as she did fall asleep on it and almost all blood flow was gone in the area, but she knew such a thing would be fixed shortly.

She put the vial in her pocket carefully, she couldn't bare to part with it just yet. The cold glow of the substance inside brought her comfort. Or perhaps it was the cool glass?

When she finally reached the living room where her mom resided, she know immediately her mother was not very happy. The look on her face was one of fury, and Y/n had a feeling it wasn't just because she woke up later than expected.

"Y/n." Her mother glared at Y/n, her cold voice sending chills down her spine. She almost couldn't speak, but somehow she managed to say a few words without stuttering.

"Yes, mother?"

"I got a letter in the mail," She said, pulling the letter out from somewhere behind her. "It's addressed to you, Y/n."

She threw the letter on the table in front of them, the glare she was giving her daughter grew more harsh as the letter slid in front of Y/n.

"Mind telling me who 'Dottore' is?"

Y/n's heart pounded in her chest, despite not knowing exactly who he is. I mean, he's not a very chatty person, at least not around other people. She also heard that he never sent letters, no matter how urgent it was.

"Since you won't answer, I'll explain." She crossed her arms, her glare never letting up. "He's the second Harbinger, I trust you know what those are, considering you work for such a ridiculous organization." Her mother scoffed. She loves showing her hate for the Fatui.

Y/n's blood boiled, but she refused to let it show on her face. She tried her best to keep her face neutral, as to not piss her mother off further, but a slight glared did appear, though it was only for a second.

"You should also know he never sends letters, correct? So, why you, of all of the fucking people in Teyvat, did he choose to send a letter to you?"

Y/n stayed silent, her eyes frozen on the letter in front of her. The words on it did indeed read 'Y/n L/n', with the address under her name. Her mind kept trailing back to the night before, -as much as she tried to make it stop- it clicked.

That person was Dottore, and that was why he knew who she was. That's why he approached her, talked to her, and even gave her this vial in her pocket.

Her hand picked up the letter, her fingers working quickly to undo the official seal of the Fatui. Her mother watched her with hawk eyes, watching as she pulled out the letter and started to read it.

Y/n read the paper carefully and when she finished, she walked over to the fireplace and dropped it in, watching it go up in flames, her face never once changing.

"I apologize mother, I have been called upon by Dottore himself. I need to report to the castle tomorrow." She paused, not knowing if she should say the last bit. Eventually, she decided.

"And I don't think I'll be coming back."