Chapter 56

Announcement: Maid For You 4 is officially completed on Patreon. It goes up to Chapter 88, plus additional bonus chapters. If you'd like to read to the end without waiting, go to https://www.patreon.com/klafroth.

When we had first walking to McDonald's, Coleman went ahead and sat down in a booth, looking quite unimpressed.

"Don't you want anything?" I asked him.

"Of course," he said. "I'm hungry."

"Then why are you sitting around?"

"I'm waiting for them to bring us menus," Coleman told me.

"You're joking," I said.

He was quiet for a couple of seconds before standing up slowly from his seat. "Of course I am."

I didn't know whether to find his confusion about an establishment as simple and iconic as McDonald's endearing, or downright reprehensible that he'd never had to deign to eat here. "We order up at the front," I said.

"Then they bring us our food," he said.

I blinked. "No. Then we wait up front until said food is ready, and then sit down with our food."

He narrowed his eyes. "I don't appreciate your tone, Cassandra," he said, though he sounded a bit playful.

"Cassandra?" I rose my eyebrows, smiling. "Are you scolding me?"

He smiled, walked up to me, and swung his arm around me. "I am," he said, leading me towards the front counter before dropping his arm. The night crew didn't pay us any attention, and the boy at the register was clearly much more interested in his female coworker standing over by the drive thru window.

"What should I get?" Coleman asked, looking quite unimpressed with the glowing menu plastered before us.

"The fries for sure," I said. "And you ought to try some of the nuggets as well. But if you're wanting a burger, the Big Mac is their specialty. Though maybe you'd prefer the Quarter Pounder, I don't know."

He stood with his arms folded and scanned the menu very seriously while the cashier couldn't be bothered to glance in our direction until his coworker did. She looked at us for a second, turned to back to the boy, but then did a double take. I watched her eyes widen as she took in Prince Coleman, which caused the cashier boy to finally turn and look at us to see what had caused such a fervent stare from the object of his affection. His eyes scanned me for a few seconds before moving onto Coleman, and recognition dawned on his countenance. He stared at Coleman as unabashedly and carefully as Coleman was looking at the menu. The girl by the window wordlessly walked over, clearly trying to discern if there was a doppelganger before them or the real deal.

She looked at him and she looked at me, and something seemed to click in her head as she saw me this time. She nudged the cashier boy.

"W-welcome!" he said a little too loudly for a deserted McDonald's. "Welcome to McDonald's. How can I, how can we help you?" His eyes were huge.

Coleman peeled his eyes from the menu and took note of the two teenagers before him. "Oh, it's my first time here, so I am just trying to determine what I should eat." He looked at me and smiled. "But go ahead, Cassie."

I took a step forward towards the two workers whose mouths hung slightly ajar. "I'd like a six piece nugget with a medium fry." I glanced up at the menu. "I'll try the KitKat McFlurry as well."

"Okay..." the boy robotically entered it into the machine while staring at Coleman. He then looked at me. "Is that, uh, is that all?"

"No," Coleman said. "I think I am ready to order as well." He stepped up to the cashier and flashed the boy his bright smile. "I would like ten, no, make that a twenty chicken nuggets. I would also like a large portion of your fries, a Big Mac burger, a Quarter Pounder burger, an oreo McFlurry ice cream, and water." He looked at me again. "Do you want anything else?"