Chapter 13: I Had A Night

Kates' P.O.V

I am honestly so confused right now. How did this happen? It was supposed to be a quick and easy job. Get in and out, without causing any problems for anyone. But what happens instead. Y/n decides to cause havoc. I knew this wasn't going to end well. I knew it.

I let out a long breath, just trying to process everything that happened. But I found that the quiet I had tried to put into my head wasn't the right move. It wanted to be filled so it began to play the sounds of y/n's screams in my head. Her whimpers, and cries. I never heard a sound more chilling, or heartbreaking. 

Running my fingers through my hair I look all around. Despite the fight against the avengers, there wasn't much damage to the city. Normally when we are fighting head on against an enemy there is bound to be some form of destruction. Besides the cracked roads from the hulk, everything was still intact.

By the time I got back to y/n penthouse, I was already able to hear y/n painful grunts. I rush into her place, nearly kicking the door open. Y/n was walking, legs shaking, holding onto the wall for support. I could see it in her face, how much pain she was in. When her legs gave out, I was able to catch her, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

I wanted to take her to the couch so she can rest, and I could patch her up, but she didn't let me. She nodded her head towards a direction, and I sighed. We walked down the hall into her bedroom.

"Library" she says through gritted teeth, looking at the bookshelf. "Move the top half of the globe to the right" she says. I gently sit her down on the bed and walk towards the large bookshelf that takes up the entire wall. I see the glass globe. It's beautiful and fits perfectly in the palm of my hand. It's a little heavy but tossing it up and down is fun. Kind of like holding a baseball. "Bishop" y/n softly shouts.

"Right sorry" I mumble putting the globe back in its stance and twist the top half of the globe right. I hear a few shifts of machinery and then the bookshelf begins to move sideways. "Woah" I say under my breath, but I know y/n heard. Especially because I heard her little laugh.

I go back to grab y/n and help her go into her secret room.

And I thought the avenger's compound was cool, this is amazing. So much tech, and gadgets and everything one needs for a secret base.

"Flies, babe" y/n laughs, placing a hooked finger under my chin and closing my mouth that I did not know I had open.

"Sorry, it's just. I never thought you could have something like this. I mean, building a secret base takes years and--"

"Money. I have a lot of it, Kate. You're not the only rich one" Y/n chuckles. "Take me to that bed over there, yeah" she points to what looks like some sort of pod with a hospital bed.

"What's that?" I asked. I sat y/n down, and help her slowly, and gently lay down.

"An X-ray machine" She says. So, I was right, y/n does have a built-in home hospital. Y/n sits back up once more, and with every inch she moves, is another painful grunt that escapes her lips. I could see it in her eyes how badly she wants to cry. I see the tears forming and that painful soreness in her jaw from clenching her teeth tightly.

She begins to remove her shirt, and my hands automatically grab the hem and slowly pull it up and off her. I could see the blood from the wound she had last night open, and blood leaking out. I couldn't tell earlier since she was wearing black but now.

I begin to remove the bandages, but y/n stops me, placing a hand on top of mind. 

Warm.

"Take the x-ray first" she says. I can tell she saw the confused look on my face because she said, "I'll explain how to use it" I nod my head and remove my hands from her abdomen. "Place that blanket on me. It's made from led, so the radiation won't give me superpowers sadly" she sounded so disappointed.