Chapter 7: It's Never Really Simple

(Finally it's my turn to—)... (What, thats no fair I didn't get to talk about my letter)... (You're letter said, good dinner moving on to my story, the one everyone wants to hear about)... (Who is this everyone you speak of, its just you and I and y/n who is still sleeping)... (My turn!)

Kate's P.O.V

I don't think I had ever seen Clint so mad before. He was yelling at the S.H.I.E.L.D agents and how they had messed up our so called plan. Honestly this was all just starting to get too much that it felt like I had the worlds biggest stress headache forming. I was honestly done with this night, and just decided to call it there and head back home.

However, during the stake out, I was so focused on y/n and Yelena's date I had forgotten to eat myself. So, I decided to go to the local market and just grab a few things. I was so hungry I felt my stomach roaring with rage, wanting to eat itself. Did I even eat all day?

I heard the bell jingle as I opened the door. The cashier looked at me for a second before turning back to reading their newspaper. They didn't even bother to question my bow. But then again its New York, people show up with literally anything these days.

I walk up and down the aisles, slowly scanning for a good snack. Honestly the more I walked around eyeing the snacks the less hungry I became, and the exhaustion was starting to creep up. I decided on some chips and a drink, and took them up front. Before I knew it someone had placed a water next to my stuff.

"And this water"

I looked at the girl who had a sly smirk on her face. I narrowed my eyes shaking my head.

"what I forgot my wallet" y/n shrugged. Once more I rolled my eyes, but decided just to pay and be done with it. I reached for my wallet but y/n gave a soft chuckle before handing the cashier some cash.

"I thought you forgot your wallet" I ask her.

"I did. This is your money" she winked at me before taking her water. I grabbed my wallet and opened it, but nothing. Not even a single dollar. How-- when-- UGH. First she steals from my mom, then Tony and now me. Now i'm not saying she a gold digger but--

I heard the bell jingle once more. I took a deep breath and walked outside following her. Y/n took a sip of her water, and I took my bow and arrow shooting the water right out of her hand.

"Hey! I paid good money for that" she huffed.

"You mean the money that you stole from me." I said, voice coming off a bit angry.

"Yes actually" she said like all of this wasn't bothering her. Like it was just another night walking the city without a care in the world.

"Y/n Y/ln, but order of the Avengers I am taking you in and-- HEY! Where are you going? Don't walk away from me" I shout at her, seeing y/n continue to walk away. Y/n didn't bother to turn around or say anything for that matter. So I followed her again. I thought maybe if I followed her long enough she would finally give in and actually talk to me. That's all I wanted.

So she walked, and I followed.

And walked

And walked until we had reached the bridge. She walked along the edges, carefully trying not to do anything stupid, and I made sure she didn't. She did a small hop onto the small ledge. Her arms extended as she walked slowly, keeping her balance.