Chapter 5: So... A Date?

It's been two nights since the incident on the roof top, and y/n wrapping my ankle. I kept wearing y/n's jacket since it was just downright comfortable and warm despite the thin material. 

When I reported back to Clint, he was happy to hear about the new development on the case. I didn't exactly tell him about the letter, since I felt as though it was a little personal, but I did tell him I found out she wasn't from here.

After that he decided he wanted to go on a sting operation to find out more. I might of also told him where y/n might be hanging around at night and we can see if she meets up with Loki or perhaps does some criminal activity. 

That was the plan.

 I was excited to spend my time with my partner and mentor. I was even looking forward to seeing him in action when he decides to fight y/n. I told him about how she stopped my arrows, not once but twice with her bare hands. Clint said he needed to see that for himself. 

I began to get rid of feeling the nerves about the whole thing. I had to stay focus and show Clint I was taking this seriously. I gave myself a pep talk, I stretched and packed some snacks incase the sting operation took longer than what we originally planned. Everything was going perfect. That was until I was getting out of my room and walked into Yelena.

She looked at me but didn't say anything. Her and I have been on the silent treatment since we got home that night. Both of us to stubborn to apologize. Peter says I should apologize and be the bigger person, but I don't want to be. This was my mission and I felt as though Yelena was starting to get in the way of that. What happened to her wanting to help me.

Even when I would mention a few things to Clint about y/n or try to figure out way to catch her, Yelena would scoff and roll her eyes. A few times I caught her mumbled under her breath. Something about 'misunderstanding and judgmental'. I honestly didn't know what to do anymore. And it wasn't like I could tell her to back off either since Clint already made Peter and Yelena my partners when he wasn't with me. 

But still as much as I hated feeling like she was trying to push me away from y/n she was my friend, and I couldn't just ignore her forever. I really did want to work it out with her. 

"Hey, can we talk" I sighed, turning towards her. She looked at me and gave me a tight lip smile nodding her head. I tilted my head looking at her outfit. She was wearing normal clothes. I thought she had a mission tonight. "Going on a sting mission, also?" I asked. That's not what I wanted to talk about but now I was curious.

"A date actually" she slowly nodded. I could tell she was debating on whether or not to actually tell me the truth. But after what happened, it was better than me finding out.

"I didn't know you were seeing someone?"

"It's actually my first date so it's not a big deal" she shrugged.

"Oh, yeah of course. Don't wanna put a label on things before you know if they're a serial killer" I say, scratching the side of my head. "W-who are you meeting with" please don't be y/n, please don't be y/n, please don't--.

"Well, if you must know Kate Bishop, I am going on a date with... y/n y/ln" she said her name with a sly smirk.

"Did you stalk her to get her to go on a date with you?"

She laughed, finding this entertaining.

"No, I'm hoping she's still sitting on the roof top so I could invite her out."

"You haven't even asked her yet. I thought I told you not to sleep with the enemy"

"No Kate Bishop you said, and I quote, wait I think I have you recorded one second" Yelena held up a finger pulling out her cellphone. She clicked the play button and suddenly I hear my own voice.