Chapter 6: You're Dangerously Beautiful

Yelena's P.O.V

Y/n walked towards the hostess desk and smiled at her giving her a small wave. Extending her hand the blond girl took it, stepping closing into y/n's body. She smiled widely as she leaned it, y/n telling her something in her ear. The blonde looked at me, raised a brow and back at y/n, before grabbing two menus and taking us towards the outdoor patio.

It was right next to a heater and fire pit. Really nice and warm. Y/n grabbed the chair pulling it back and gesturing me to take a seat. I smile and thanked her before she made her way around to the seat in front of me.

I looked around feeling eyes on us. I already knew Clint and Kate where on the rood top of the building across the street so I wasn't worried about them. But when I turned my head I caught the books of many people, caught their admiration and awe when they saw y/n. The look I gave them made their eyes move on quickly.

"I like your vest" was the first thing she said to me pointing to my super cool vest I had custom made.

"I knew it. I knew you did. It's so cool, right" I said showering her the many pockets it had. I felt like a little kid showing her my cool toy I had gotten. She smiled at me. "My sister also said it was really cool. I gave her one just like it after we finished a mission together."

"Well maybe one day I can get one like it too" she said.

"We'll see how the night goes y/ln" I told her. Y/n nodded and took the menu, opening it up and eyeing it. She read the food items silently, no sounds escaped her mouth except the moments of her lips made me aware of what she was saying.

The corner of her lip tugged upwards only for a second before letting it down. She turned to me, tilting her head sideways like a confused adorable puppy. Her lips formed a thin line. I didn't know how to read her. She was giving away so many emotions that it was hard to keep up. But at the same time, I was putting too much thought into it, thinking that perhaps everything is all a ruse and something bad is going to happen. Like she was the one trying to get me to read her a certain way.

Here I was having dinner with y/n and having a good time for a moment, suddenly thinking of the worst outcome. And it was all because she tried hard not to smile. So, I kept my guard up.

"It's nice weather" I decided to break the silence. "It's pretty cold though" I rub my hands on my arms.

"Is it? I didn't realize" she said. Then silence once more. I looked down at my hand seeing the black ink on my palm. I told my sister I may or may not be meeting with someone and she wrote a few ice breakers to make sure there was conversation throughout the night. But I was so nervous my hands were sweating, and the ink was washing off.

"You are a beautiful, beautiful women" I said clearing my throat.

"Huh?"

I squint my eyes just a bit trying hard to read the smudges. She couldn't have done this with sharpie. "You are the epitome of grace, style and femininity. You're my... best friend?"

"I'm your best friend? We just met" y/n said confused.

"Oh, uh hold on... When I'm with you, every day is Valentine's Day. Except for the real Valentine's Day, which we will now call super valentine's day"

"Are you reading something?"

"No, I need--"

y/n leaned over the table gently grabbing my wrist and lifting my hand so she can see what I was looking at. She read a few more verses before letting out a laugh and sat back down shaking her head.

"How about we just get to know each other. Tell me about yourself?" she smiled pouring some wine in both our cups. I take the glass and drink a bit, trying to drown my nerves.