Chapter 10: Fear and Pain

Kate Bishop's P.O.V

Yelena had gotten to the safe house and began to tell us the plan about what happened earlier in the day. I hadn't told Clint about the phone call yelena and I had, and I was thinking of confronting her about it, but when she came back to the safe house and told us she and y/n got kidnapped by someone everything got 100x more complicated.

The blond widow told us that y/n didn't believe Yelena was actually on her side, so she made her call me and say that she changed her mind. That she didn't want to be in my team anymore.

To say Clint was over the moon about the new development was an understatement. He was so excited about getting closer to y/n that he began trying to come up with more plans that involved yelena and y/n together. I could tell from the small glances I got from yelena that she wasn't too happy about it, but there was also more to the story.

Yelena was hiding something.

She only told us that these masked people kiddnapped them and asked them questions about her involvement in hacking tony's company and something about stealing some high profile tech. Clint asked yelena about it, but she was quick to say she didn't know. That y/n still hadn't trusted her enough to tell her her plan.

To make things worse, I saw the two of them talking in the alleyway. I saw y/n almost kill a man, and saw what yelena did.

Kiss y/n not once, not twice, but 3 times. I guess she was really taking sleeping with the enemy seriously.

I kept my eyes on them the entire time, and safe to say it was only in those moment when it felt like I was punched in the stomach and all the air got released from my lungs. Like I was suffocated, struggling to breathe.

I didn't want to hear anymore of Clints praises to yelena, because I knew yelena wasn't lying when she said she was on y/n's side. She was being a double agent and I was the only one that saw right through her. So I decided to go out on patrol and just see what bad guys are worth catching, and who knows maybe there would be some that would give me a challenge. I needed to blow of some steam.

And it wasn't long until I found what I was looking for. I was ready to confront her, as I saw her walking into an alleyway. But something about her seemed off. She was limping, and using the wall for support. I had been watching yelena and y/n interact all day and the only time they fought was in the morning many hours ago. And when y/n walked yelena outside she was perfectly find.

What happened within that time we were in the safe house and y/n being out this late at night.

She continued to walk, before shooting an arrow up into the roof of a building and pulled herself up, just like Peter and his webs. I jumped from one roof to the next, seeing y/n struggle to get over the ledge. Thats when I knew something was seriously wrong.

I ran over to y/n helping her up, or at least sit down and try to relax. I pulled her hood back and I felt the air leave my mouth as the gasp filled my ears. Y/n was bleeding, bruised and looked like she just went 12 rounds with the hulk. She tried to get up but her body was in so much pain, she struggled, grunting and groaning.

"Stop you're going to make it worse" I tell her.

Y/n looks at me, before gently pushing me back, and stood up. She walked towards the door of the roof top, stumbling with each step. She was about to fall, but I caught her just in time. Again she gently pushed me off of her.

Those gentle pushes.

Those pushes that said, I dont need your help, but I dont want to hurt you or make you feel bad. Like a little kid wanting to be a big adult and do things on their own. No help from anyone so they push them away.