Chapter 4: Caught By Surprise

Ticktock! We can't dwell in the past forever. But that's exactly what I'm doing, isn't it, in telling you, my story? This part is a little hard for me since it was the moment when everything around me began to change my life forever in so many unforeseeable ways. And it was all because of Yelena. Till this day I don't know if I should be thanking the girl, or give her the silent treatment again, especially for what she put me through.

Right, enough of me blabbering about. Back to Peter and I following Yelena that one winter night.

It takes me a bit longer to reach my destination. Peter had arrived there before me, but somehow some way I ended up there before Yelena. We met on the roof top of the building, both him and I hiding waiting for the show to go on. I don't see Yelena just yet, but I do see y/n.

She is sitting on the roof top ledge, one foot dangling while the other is close to her chest. Her back is facing towards us so I can't see what she is doing, but her arms are moving around. I don't know if she is fidgeting with her fingers or setting up an arrow to fly through the night sky at her target.

I ready my arrow, hoping I can catch her off guard. I take a deep breath and suddenly I see y/n's left arm being pulled back. There's something in her hand. She moves it forward tossing it. It flies into the sky, but it's not an arrow.

"Who knew the one girl who has the avengers quaking at their feet could be entertained by making... paper airplanes"

Both Peter and I turned our heads towards the direction of the voice, followed by soft footsteps. Yelena laughed a bit, her hands in her vest pocket slowly walking towards y/n. The girl on the ledge had yet to move, or even acknowledge the blond widow.

"Every night for the past week you sit on that ledge, and every night you throw a few paper airplanes around" Yelena said... kindly. Did this girl just smile, and did her voice just go up a pitch. Who was this blond before me, because I refuse to believe it is Yelena Belova being... shy. Unless. No.

"Is she flirting?" I say under my breath. Peter doesn't say anything, shrugging as he continues watching the two girls interact.

"And every night for the past week you watch me from that their tower behind me" y/n sighed not once looking at Yelena, then she pulls her arm back and lets another paper airplane fly. "You know for someone who is said to be an assassin, spy or... something" this time she does look at Yelena. "You aren't too well with concealing your presence" she shrugged.

"So, who's stalking who, now" Yelena laughed. She carefully walked towards y/n. The blond stopped, raising her hands midair. Narrowing my eyes, I see y/n holding a knife. "I'm not going to hurt you. I promise" the blond said.

"Isn't that what you said to Kate Bishop when you broke into her apartment and tried to kill her?" y/n shook her head. I could hear a faint laugh coming out. How did she know about that?

Yelena placed her hand over her chest acting offended. Oh, great here we go again.

"I did not try to kill her. A) I put her on a wire to remove an obstacle. B) I did not break anything, I'm way to talented then that. And C) Stop being so defensive... is what I told Kate Bishop. She's so hostile sometimes. And like I told her; I'm not going to hurt you. I don't have any weapons on me."

"HA" y/n said out loud. She pointed to the arrow on Yelena's thigh holster.

"Okay I take that back I don't have any weapons currently in my hands"

"One more time Belova"

"Yeah, that's a lie also" Yelena smiled tilting her head to the side.

"You would think Yelena would be having dinner with the enemy." I scoffed. "Next thing you know she will be making y/n macaroni and buy her forks and--"