Chapter 23

Here we go! Love and light - Rayne xo

-------

Chapter 23

"What even are gorgons?" Tyrone asked me, confused.

"Don't they teach you anything at school?" I scoffed, making him glare playfully, "Gorgons are the children of Medusa sort of. I must warn you, don't look into their eyes"

"Why? Do they shoot lazer beams or something?" He asked sarcastically.

I stopped him and looked him in the eyes, all playfulness gone.

"I mean it Ty, if they look into your eyes, you're dead. You will turn to stone as you slowly die. It is said that one look in their eye, you feel them eating your soul as your body slowly turns into a garden ornament"

He shook his head and looked up at the setting sun, sighing.

"Do you purposely go looking for dangerous situation to put yourself and others in?" He asked me, in a tired voice.

"No. But I need to win b, I have to" I answered back, slightly hurt.

Is that all he sees me as? A trouble magnet that puts people in danger? Hollys screams and terrified face filled my vision as I shook it off, a determined look gracing my face.

"Now come on. We have to get there, just don't look into their eyes, I don't want to lose you just yet"

We arrived at the top of the mountain to find the ruins of a very old village. Three houses kind of stood there, with mould growing on the bricks. A half finished wishing well in the middle and a broken church. I took in a shakey breath as the air turned cold. We had found them.

"Let's go check it out" I whispered, walking towards the first house.

"No. Use your voice, we need to be out in the open, we are more safe" Tyrone ordered, a stern but slightly scared loom on his face.

I took a deep breath in and sighed, closing my eyes.

'Ashes to Ashes,
Dust 'til dawn.
Show yourself,
Come one and all'

"Come one and all?" He smirked, and I rolled my eyes.

"It's all I could think of. I'm new to this" I blushed.

"Your operatic voice shows different"

Suddenly, three woman dressed in black with veils over their faces stood in front of us. My heart was pounding in my chest, as Tyrone placed his hand protectively around mine.

"Why have you awoken us?" One of them asked, her voice raspy.

"Do you not know who we are child?" Another one asked, her voice sounding like she smoked fourty a day.

"We mean you no harm. We have came to ask you for your help" I bravely said.

"We help noone" One of them spat.

"Please your excellencies. My name is Princess Elizabeth and I am in desperate need of warriors and strong ones at that. I know you and your kin are one of the strongest throughout the enchanted woods"

"The one who ran away instead of fighting" One of them chuckled dryly.

"Why should we help a coward?" Another spat.

"She was following her father's, and her Kings orders" Tyrone spat.

"I'd tell your boyfriend here to watch his temper. Me and my kin have been merciful enough not to kill you for even stepping foot on our land, without you insulting us"

I gave him a warning look and he looked away, looking annoyed. At least he was being smart.

"I am begging for your help. I need to re take my place on the throne, to keep both realms in balance. If the rogues stay in power, the moon sides trees will wither away, making the wolves come to this land and over populate"

"You must first do something" One of them told me.

I nodded as she stepped forward, making me stand on edge, ready to run.

"I want a kiss, from him" She told me, pointing at Tyrone.

Anger bubbled up inside of me, my wolf wanting to be let out and rip her to peices for even suggesting it. Tyrone looked scared for a moment, but also a little pissed.

"I'm sorry but no, he is my mate" I told her.

"I said I want a kiss" She snarled, her voice echoing off of the mountains.

"I'm sorry but out answer is no" Tyrone told her.

"Then gaze upon my beautiful face"

She slowly started to lift up her veil as I screamed. Tyrone grabbed my arm and ran with me, pulling me along after him. More of the creatures came out, all snarling and trying to get us to look at them. My heart hammered to the point I could hear my blood splash around in my ears. I've never been so afraid. Oh me and my bright ideas.

One of them grabbed me and I snapped my eyes shut, refusing to open them.

"Open your eyes and look at my beauty" One of them told me, a strong grip on my face.

I cried out as I was suddenly snatched away again by Tyrone's familiar hand. I opened my eyes as we ran down the mountain. I tripped over a few times but sighed in relief when I saw the forest line. I quickly ran in and hid behind a tree, my breathing odd from the adrenaline rush of almost being killed and having to run.

"No more, we have enough. I don't want to see any more of this realm. I'm done" Tyrone told me, also catching his breath.

"No! I'm trying one more creature" I told him.

"No you're not. We're going home"

"Then you'll be returning home on your own then, because I am seeing this through. I won't be leaving until I have found her"

I then stood up straight and started walking in a random direction, fanning myself with my hand. I swear if we survive this war, I will start training every day. I can't believe how out of shape I am.

"Look.. Angel. I understand you want to get your throne and be like your patents, but this is too much. We have enough allies, plus the majority of the werewolf race helping us. Trust me" He told me gently.

"I know you're trying to help, but I have got to see her. The rogues already have their powerful weapon which is Belladonna"

"So... could this girl help us defeat her?" He asked me, sighing in defeat.

"She isn't a girl as such.... she's more of a sort of bird...." I told him.

"You're not suggesting...." He trailed off, his eyes wide.

"Yes, the pheonix"