Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I made my way downstairs, too find Holly crying in the corner. I frowned at the sight and made my way over to her, crouching to her level. She noticed me and wiped her snotty nose, sniffing.

"H-Hello Luna" She greeted.

"You know it's Beth" I told her lightly, making her smile a little, "Why are you crying?"

"Deliliah told daddy about me stealing one of grand Luna's roses and he said I'm not aloud outside again for a while" She told me.

"Grand Luna's roses?" I asked her, my brow furrowed in confusion.

"Yes, Alpha Tyrone's Mums. They're so pretty I just wanted to keep one" She pouted.

"Well stealing isn't a good thing you know, it's a very serious matter" I told her and she nodded, dangling her head in shame.

"Anyway, come on. I really fancy some brownies and I can't eat a tub on my own" I told her, helping her up as she grinned, making our way towards the kitchen.

*.*.*

"Luna, when is the Alpha returning?"

"Luna, what do we do about the slugs on the flower bed?"

"Luna, we need the border controls to be tighter, shall I speak with Warrior Damon to sort it?"

"Luna Deliliah is picking on me"

"Luna the cooks are confused about what to do for dinner"

Question, after question, after question. That's all that I have heard for the past three days. Apparently now their Alpha has left, they turn to their Luna for guidance. What did I know about packs?! Sure I know the basics, but it's not like I know what to say and how to properly lead one! There's only so much that a book can help you with!

George, Tyrone's Beta walked into the study, bowing his head at me. I gave him a wary look, remembering the first time we met as he smiled at me.

"Luna" He greeted, respectfully.

"Beta.... where have you been? I haven't saw you around in a while" I told him, looking down at the packs border line maps.

"I have been recruiting other packs love, we need as much help as we can get if we are to defeat the rogues"

I nodded in understanding and sipped my coffee as I groaned.

"Hey uhm George? Beta's are kind of like the Alpha's understudy... right?" I asked him, an idea popping into my head.

"Yes... why?"

"Great! You're in charge of the pack until Tyrone gets back. I can't do it!" I rushed, quickly getting up.

He chuckled and bowed his head, looking at the map.

"Sure thing Luna, you look tired anyway. Go rest up"

I agreed with him, looking up at the clock for it to be almost midnight. I bid him farewell and made my way up to my bedroom, a lonesome feeling sweeping over me. Once I had changed into my night wear, I climbed into bed and searched for Tyrone through mind link.

"Ty? Are you there?" I called lowly, incase he was sleeping so I didn't wake him.

"I'm here angel, I've missed you" He told me, seeming to let out a sigh of relief.

"I miss you too. When are you coming home?" I asked him, looking at the empty side of the bed where he should be.

"Tomorrow evening, we have all the allies we need so I can come home"

I grinned, excitement filling me.

"I can't wait" I squealed, making him chuckle.

"Neither can I, you going to tell me what that thing was that you were going to tell me?" He asked.

"When you're home yes. Now I'm going to go to sleep. Goodnight.... I love you"

I then shut off the link, letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I then sunk off to sleep....

*.*.*

The smell of fire filled my nostrils, making me slightly cough. I went to investigate where it was, to see nothing but a single marigold, surrounded by flames. It was the flower which symbolised the royal family. It was a warning.

I took a step back away from it, only to fall down a hole and I let out an ear piercing scream, trying to grab at the random roots, as images pictures the walls. Images of my parents and the guests bodies, flashing all over the walls, their screams echoing around me. I felt like I was going insane. Memories of that night ripping through me like silver.

I was suddenly back at the castle, a rogue snarling at me. Just as he went to pounce on me, I fell into darkness..

I shot up breathing heavily, looking around and calming myself down once I realised I was safe and sound in bed. I rubbed my temples and whined slightly. I hate these bad dreams, they seem so damn realistic!

I looked up at the clock to see it was only half past two. I sighed and turned back over, thinking of happy memories, hoping I wouldn't have any more interruptions tonight.

Thoughts?