Chapter 20

Chapter 20

We arrived at the mermaids coven within half an hour. I gasped at the beauty of it. It was a dark place, with rocks scattered about and the water glistening a crystal blue. I looked in it and Louise groaned.

"How are we supposed to find a mermaid? We can't swim we don't know who's side they're on" She groaned.

"Hey doesn't this remind you a little like star wars?" Nathan said, a big toothy grin.

I rolled my eyes and Tyrone smacked him upside the head, making him wince and glare at his friend.

"Back to the matter at hand" Louise glared.

"Yeah.... right.... what do we do? Is there a shell we blow or something?" Nathan asked, as he looked for some sort of shell.

I rolled my eyes and closed my eyes, as my father's voice flitted through my mind.

'You sing and they come. It's in your blood'

'Father?' I called back, not believing I heard him.

'Yes Elizabeth. I am here'

'B-but how? You're dead... right?'

'I am. I'm so proud of you. I know you can do this'

'How is this possible? I miss you so much daddy. How is mother? Where is she?'

I bit back a sob as he cooed.

'There is strange magic in these waters. Be careful. It is the only way I can speak to you, after this moment I can't contact you again. Your mother is fine'

'What do I do?' I asked, doing my best not to cry, as my hairs stood up on end from hearing him.

'Sing. They blessed you with the gift to help you. It calms people, can send people to sleep and calls those who you need most. Now I must go. Be safe. I love you'

'I love you daddy'

Of course. The females within the royal blood line are each given a gift by the witches at our christening. Mine is the gift of song.

"Hello?" Louise called, waving her hands in front of my face.

"Angel? Are you okay?" Tyrone asked me, as I stood back up.

My head was quite dizzy as I stood up, looking around for my Father.

"I uh... I'm fine" I said, smiling.

"You just collapsed" Nathan said, looking worried.

"My father... He came to me. I know what I have to do. Don't judge me okay?" I told them.

"Why what are you going to do?" Tyrone asked me.

"You're going to think I'm nuts again. But as an infant, the witches bestowed a gift upon me. I possess the gift of song. My mother had a gift that made her able to crush people from the inside out. I guess the witches know our personalities before we even do" I chuckled dryly.

Louise looked at me sympathetically, giving me a hug.

"Do your thing girl!" She encouraged.

I nodded and closed my eyes, taking a deep shakey breath. Can I even sing? What do I sing? I then remembered an old chant I heard my nursery maid sing to me.