14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

STEADY

You wake up in your own bed, all alone, nobody beside you to wake you up with kisses and cuddles.

You roll over, reaching for your phone and sending a message to Jin: "I miss you."

Jin has probably already started his shift in the hospital, so you don't expect him to respond immediately, but he does to your surprise:"I miss you too. Wine, tonight, at eleven?"

Jin's shift ends late in the night. You know he can't have a drink with you earlier in the evening.

"Sound great. Eleven it is." You text back to him.  

You continue to lay into your bed, burrying yourself under the blankets to give yourself five extra minutes of sleep.

• •

Jin smiled at his phone while he read your text. Namjoon gives his a side eye and chuckles while shaking his head.

"Someone's in love," he drags out the 'o' and Jin puts his phone away. "Tell me, hyung, what was she doing at your apartment again?"

Jin rolls his eyes playfully. "Do you ever shut up?"

Namjoon shakes his head. "Nope," he pops the 'p'. "You two had sex... naughty little kids..."

"Watch who you call a kid! I'm literally older than you," Jin sighs but then smiles. "If you really must know... We did."

"Knew it," Namjoon gives him a smile. "She's absolutely right for you."

"Don't tell Cloe that you know this..."

"'She knows that I know. I could see the sex afterglow on her that morning. You know, when I brought your ID card?"

"Sex afterglow?"

"You don't know...?" Namjoon trails off, looking at the older one in disbelieve. "You're really unknowing sometimes. It's-"

A colleague walks in, greeting the both of them, but also ruining their conversation.

Jin pretends to drink his coffee and Namjoon pretends to be busy reading some documents, until the colleague leaves.

"So basically the sex afterglow is an obvious change of mood, appearance... just a glow after you had sex. It's really easy to notice," Namjoon explains.