07

CHAPTER SEVEN

TALK

"Just a few more lifts," Namjoon says.

"Can I have a small break? This is taking alot of my energy," you sigh and look at Namjoon.

"Just three more, okay? I promise we are done after that."

You lift your right leg up again, and put it down quickly to repeat that movement two more times.

"Goodjob, I'm proud of how well you're doing so far. Do you notice anything about your legs?"

"I have cramps sometimes, but they still feel numb around my knees," you gather your crutches and lean yourself onto them.

"I think that should be over in a couple of weeks."

"So I can go home in a few weeks?"

"They aren't monitoring your head anymore, since that's recovered... I guess you can go home when you recovered from the paralysis in your legs. But you should always continue to train them," Namjoon says.

"Great. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again."

"I have one last exercise for you, Cloe," Namjoon says. "I want you to walk back to your room alone."

"Alone? I've never walked around the hospital without a doctor following me close behind. Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"I wouldn't do anything that's irresponsable. I see you later, okay?"

You walk out the room with your crutches. You walk past the hospital employee room, where doctors and nurses grab a coffee a couple of times a day.

You look through the window, and see Seokjin sitting in the room. His hands are in his hair while he looks down at the glass table.

There is nobody else in the room, so grab the chance and open the door.

Jin doesn't look up, probably thinking that you're one of his colleagues.

"Jin? Are you okay?"

Jin's head shot up, immediately turning to look at you. "Cloe? What are you...? You're not supposed to be here. If someone sees you here-"

You close the blinds and lock the door. "Problem solved. Are you alright?"

"I'm okay," Jin avoids eye contact with you, looking everywhere but you.

"We need to talk, Seokjin," you walk over to the table, sit down in the glass table, and place your crutches somewhere next to you.

"I know you have this one rule about not dating a patient, Jin," you start, taking a hold of his hand. He never pulls his hand away from yours, so you keep it like that.