Chapter Eleven - Weird Kid

Começar do início

Daryl saw Hedley and tugged him back when he got too close to the fence for comfort, "Why don't you move the bodies out?"

"You should be burning them." T-Dog added.

"We tried! We did!"

"The fence is down on the far side of the prison. Every time we drag a body out, those things just line up. So, hump in a body and just running back inside." Explained Oscar.

Axel was almost pleading, "Look! We had nothing to do with Thomas and Andrew, nothing! You trying to prove a point? You proved it, bro! We'll do whatever it takes to be a part of your group, just, please, please, don't make us live in that place!"

Rick shook his head, "Our deal is not negotiable. You either live in your cell block, or you leave."

Oscar whispered to Axel, "I told you this was a waste of time. They ain't no different than the pricks who shot up our boys." He looked at Rick, "You know how many friends' corpses we had to drag out this week? Just threw 'em out like... Those were good guys! Good guys who had our backs against the really bad dudes in the joint like Thomas and Andrew. Now, we've all made mistakes to get in here, chief, and I'm not gonna pretend to be a saint, but believe me... we paid our due. Enough that we would rather hit that road, than to go back into that shithole."

Rick looked at Daryl, who answered with a shake of his head.

Daryl locked the prisons back into a fence further away, before going back to the group to talk about options. He looked at Hedley, "Go and play with Carl or somethin'."

Hedley narrowed his eyes at him.

"This discussion ain't right for a kid. Now go."

Hedley folded his arms.

Daryl rolled his eyes, "Well, go find more snakes or catch frogs, whatever, just go on and let us handle it."

The boy whined, stomping away and towards the tall grasses where he'd found the snake.

Carol smirked at Daryl when he came back to the group, "You've got your hands full."

"Kid thinks he's older than he is sometimes."

"That's what kids do." Rick said, "I'm dreading it when Carl becomes a teenager."

"You might need to make it up to him." Maggie said, watching as Hedley sulk.

Daryl sighed in defeat and called to the kid, "Yo, Spider Monkey! Wanna ride the bike?"

Hedley jumped up and sprinted to Daryl.

"Looks like he's been forgiven." T-Dog smirked, nudging Daryl.

"Move the cars to the upper yard. Point them facing out." Ordered Rick, "They'll be out of the way but ready to go if we ever need to bail." He then turned to T-Dog, "We'll give the prisoners a week's worth of supplies for the road."

"Come on." Daryl said to Hedley before going to get his bike as Carol got one of the cars.

As the others got the cars in position, Daryl drove with his bike, Hedley sitting in front of him, caged in Daryl's arms as he held onto the archer's wrists. He was shrieking with glee as Daryl revved it.

Axel and Oscar watched from the sidelines as Daryl made his way through, pausing as he waited for T-Dog to open the gate.

"Twin cylinder, is that a Triumph?" Axel spoke, trying to get a say.

Daryl ignored him, "Don't even look at it."

"Didn't want it bored out? Sounds like it could use a tune-up, I'm pretty handy with the grind!"