5K Prize/Other Prizes Discussion

Hey, Reading Mice! We did it! We reached my 15K ink goal and I couldn't be more proud of how far my stories have grown<3

Today I'm giving y'all the 5K ink prize, and I'll start working on the 10K and 15K prizes, but before we get into the sneak peek, I need a little help from you guys.

10K Prize: A bonus chapter for the most requested of any of my stories~
What story would you like a bonus chapter for? Cherry Blossoms or Not Another Cliché?:)

15K Prize: A wallpaper of the most requested characters from any of my stories~
Which characters would y'all want as a phone wallpaper? Kai x Trenton or Roni X Derek from Cherry Blossoms? Or maybe Luca X Malcom from Not Another Cliché? It could even be a single character, like Jean from NAC! Whatever y'all want, I'll do my best to make it happen<3

Now on to the sneak peek <.<

This little snippet is from chapter 2 of my current WIP. It's about 600 words long so I think that's a decent length. I can give y'all a little insight. This story follows a disabled main character named Avery Aves and his return to his hometown, where he reunites with his childhood best friend (the childhood best friend is not Lee Ann. He is—in fact—a male xD). We all know what'll happen next, right? Or do we;) This is an mlm story about romance, friendship, family and forgiveness. I believe it will be rather short, but only time will tell. I hope you enjoy the sneak peek while I get everything else figured out<3 I don't wanna give away too much, but Avery's love interest does not come in until later, so be aware of that fact xD Enjoy:)

Arlo had on a traffic leash to make people in public access more comfortable, but most of the time I didn't hold onto it. POTS was a part of my disability and, although I hadn't passed out in quite a long time, Arlo had been trained on how to handle a situation like that. I prefer having a short leash on him for emergencies, but he was trained off leash to avoid him getting stuck if I were to pass out.

As soon as the bell chimed above the door, just about every face in the diner looked our way. They didn't say anything, though, probably taking in the service dog vest that sat atop Arlo's fluffy back, informing everyone of his role.

I found a seat by the window and, like clockwork, Arlo made himself comfy under the table.

It had only been a total of two minutes before someone came fast approaching our table, looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"Is that you, Avery Aves?" My mouth dropped open in shock. Barely even here for ten minutes and I'm already recognized?

Clearing my throat, I replied, "Um, yes. . .and you are?"

The waitress's eyes practically popped out of her skull and the more I looked at her, the more familiar she became.

"Lee Ann?" My voice wavered as I questioned her, finally putting a name to her face.

Lee Ann, my best friend from high school. She had been there for me more than my family ever had, and the only thing I regretted about leaving this place was never giving her an explanation.

"It is you!" Lee Ann squealed, scurrying her tiny body into the booth opposite me.

"I haven't seen ya in, like, a decade!"

"Six years, actually." I rubbed the back of my neck, laughing awkwardly.

"What happened? I expected to see you at graduation, but when I didn't I tried to find you and no one else seemed to know where you went!"

I had forgotten just how loud Lee Ann could be, but a part of me was happy to have my ears ringing at her voice for the first time after six years. I missed her.

"Oh, uh. . .I moved to New York." I smiled sheepishly, clearing my throat.

Lee Ann narrowed her eyes at me, but as soon as Arlo tilted his head at us her eyes lit up like a kid's in a candy store.

"Oh my goodness, and who is this!?" She squealed, and for a moment I feared she was going to pet Arlo and distract him from his job, but I was pleasantly surprised when she reigned in her excitement and just smiled down at him.

"My service dog, Arlo. I got him four years ago." A smile lit up my face. Any conversation about Arlo was good conversation.

I could tell Lee Ann was curious at this new information, but I wasn't quite ready yet to speak about my disability.

A different expression crossed over Lee Ann's face as she fully took in my appearance.

"Avery, what happened? Why didn't you come to me?" My heart broke when I heard the tremor in her voice. Lee Ann and I were like siblings, always together. She knew I was gay way before I even considered telling anyone and she supported me wholeheartedly.

Guilt tore across my chest and I swallowed it down. I did this to myself.

"I came out to my parents."

That's it for the sneak peek, Reading Mice! Thoughts? I'm very excited about this!

If you could, please let me know what your answers are to the questions up top of this chapter! Thank you<3

Love, Eli<3