Not Telling (Kai)

"Oh

"Oh... um, yeah. That's fine..."

Ugh! Why did I say yes? What is wrong with me?

I mean, it's not like I could say no to two werewolves that could easily kill me within seconds, but still. I don't want to eat lunch alone with them!

I wish there was a way out of this. Sigh...

After leaving the two persistent, and intimidating, werewolves behind, I make my way into the school building and try my hardest to ignore the nerves settling in the pit of my stomach when thinking of going to lunch today.

The nerves fluttering around in my abdomen only increase when I catch a glimpse of Jake so, while trembling, I turn around and make my way to the longer halls in hopes of avoiding him and the Goons.

I manage to spend the rest of the morning successfully avoiding the demented version of the Cheetah Girls and the bell signifying the start of lunch can finally be heard ringing throughout the school halls.

After my supplies are all packed, I throw my bag over my shoulder and make my way out of the class to head to the library. Hearing the classroom door close behind me, I freeze in my spot as my gaze connects with none other than Jake Samson. I wish they would just expel his ass! I mentally groan.

Jake starts heading towards me and I do the only thing I can do in this type of situation.

I run my ass to the library.

~

Heaving and panting, I finally reach my destination. Standing in front of the library door, I bend over and rest my hands on my knees, attempting to calm myself down.

Jake, just Jake this time, ended up chasing me through the halls for a solid five to ten minutes. I would've been able to escape him sooner if I ran through the longer halls I always go through, but I don't want Jake to know about those. He's been too stupid so far to figure out that I take the longer way around the school to get to my classes and I don't want to be the reason he figures it out.

Hearing the faint sound of rushing footsteps behind me, I barge into the library and slam the door shut behind me. I slowly turn myself around and realize all eyes are on me. Ducking my head, I make my way to the table I always sit in at the back. I don't have any lunch today seeing as I'm not always able to sneak food out of the house and they don't give me any money to buy food at school so I am empty handed on days like those. Today has been one of those days where Jessica is up earlier so I wasn't able to sneak any lunch into my bag so now I won't be able to eat until I arrive back at the house and can sneak a little something up to my room.

Sighing, I turn the last corner of a bookshelf to take a seat at my usual table only to stop dead in my tracks. Roni and Trenton are already here, sitting at my table and talking quietly amongst themselves. I honestly forgot about them considering all the chaos Jake put me through within a ten minute period. Great, now the nerves are back.