A Chance (Kai)

It's warm

It's warm.

I don't know where I am, nor do I care. All I know is that I've never been more comfortable than I am right now. So, whatever the source of the warmth is coming from, I don't care.

I slowly nuzzle further into the warm, tingly sensation coursing through my upper body and completely melt into whatever it is, letting out a contented sigh at the feeling of utter relaxation.

Only when I hear the sound of a breathy chuckle do I actually begin to question my whereabouts.

I slowly peel an eye open, catching a glimpse of the most gorgeous boy sitting by my bedside in what looks to be... the nurse's office?

Hold on... there's a boy sitting at my bedside?

I flinch back when I realize the very beautiful breathy chuckle came from Trenton Wolfe causing me to almost fall off the bed. Trenton tightens his grip on my hand, catching me before I fall to the ground.

Oh my gosh, was I snuggling his arm?! I frantically wonder to myself as I begin to panic.

"Woah woah, it's okay, Kai. How are you feeling?" Trenton asks me in that deep voice of his, concern evident in his features.

"Tr-Trenton? W-What happened?!" I ask him, clutching his arm tighter to me. I want to get as far away from him as possible, but I don't want to let him go at the same time. I can feel the beginning of a panic attack coming on and begin hyperventilating.

"It's okay. You were attacked by Jake and his friends. Just breathe, Kai. You're safe, I'm not going to hurt you. I'd never hurt you, Kai." He whispers softly, running his free hand gently through my messy red locks.

I involuntarily lean into his touch on my hair and take a deep breath. Damn, he's really good at calming me down.

"Jake?" I ask him, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Yes, him and his two idiot friends dragged you to the abandoned part of school and ganged up on you. Do you not remember?" He gently asks me, his left hand continuing to run through my hair while I hold onto his right arm for dear life. This is embarrassing.

My embarrassment only grows as the events of the day come back to me with a vengeance. Who knew I was such a cuddle bug in a delirious state of mind... I mentally groan to myself at my ridiculousness.

Judging by the smirk on Trenton's annoyingly handsome face, I'd say it's safe to assume whatever expression I am currently wearing tells him I remember everything.

"Heh, I'm guessing that tomato red face of yours is because you remember? Are you alright, Kai? Does anything hurt? Well, that's a stupid question, I'm sure everything hurts after what you've been through." He begins to nervously ramble on. That's cute, is this a habit of his? I can't help but silently coo at his worried habit.