Oceanic Eyes (Kai)

My blood runs cold as I stare into his oceanic eyes

My blood runs cold as I stare into his oceanic eyes. I can't see my face but I'm 99% sure I am as pale as a ghost. "Fuck..." I mutter under my breath. That's Trenton Wolfe, the captain of the lacrosse team. Everyone at this school knows who Trenton is. He is one of the hottest guys at Cherrywood High School, as well as most popular.

I know all about werewolves and their mates, even though I'm only human. I know what this pulling feeling in my chest is and I refuse to accept it! I can't say I'm surprised to find out that Trenton is a werewolf, though. He is quite tall, around 6'2 I'd say, and has a very strong build. He has beautiful blue eyes and jet-black hair that usually lays wherever it wants on his head and comes down to past his shoulders. If I'm being honest, he is quite attractive, but he is a werewolf and I know better than to stick around here any longer. I am looking into his ocean blue eyes right now and I know for certain he is a werewolf because I can feel the mate bond screaming at me to get closer. I know I am this boy's mate because I am feeling the exact same thing my sister tried her best to describe to me about four years ago, before she was killed about a year later by a werewolf right before my eyes.

I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down in hopes of no one noticing my ragged breath and the beads of sweat dripping down the back of my neck. I have to look away, I can't let him come close to me! I think to myself while I try my best to pry my eyes away from his cool baby blue ones. I know he can feel that I am his mate too, judging by the way he is looking into my eyes. I can see in his expression, the softness of his eyes even though he seems surprised. Yeah, I don't blame him for being surprised that someone like him could get fated to someone like me. I'm small and scrawny with shaggy, ginger hair that never lays right, and emerald green eyes. I like the color of my eyes, but that is as far as that goes.

Before I know it, Trenton begins approaching me. My breath gets heavier and my heart is slamming against my chest, practically begging to get out. I have to get away before my panic attack gets any worse. I'm so scared, but for some reason my legs won't budge. I'm frozen in this spot.

"Umm... Hi...?" Trenton begins, but trails off once he notices my trembling hands. I put them in the pocket of my black hoodie and look down at the ground, still trying to just get my legs to work, but to no avail.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks me while reaching a hand out to grab my shoulder. The fear finally catches up with the rest of my body and I book it out of the school hallway and towards the nurse's office. Once I feel I'm far enough away, I lean against the wall closest to me to catch my breath.

"Oh fuck... oh fuck. What do I do? What do I do!?" I curse under my breath. Once I get myself to calm down enough, I look up at my surroundings. The nurse's office is just around the corner, but the boys' bathroom is to my left. I run into it, feeling the nausea hit me like a bag of bricks. I make it just in time to the toilet before barfing up all that food I ate about half an hour ago.