Episode one

< 9th of September, 2010 >

"I never wanted to go back and relive the glory days; i just want to keep moving forward. That's what i look from punk. Keep going. Don't look back."      - Paul Simonon

______________________________

Penelope pov

"... so there i was, actually readying two grown ass men to put on a moustache on each other while being absolutely loaded. You should have been there, it was hilarious. Now that was only saturday." it's a joy to hear her laugh on the other side of the phone. It would have been a video call, but this morning it was easier with a little phone call. It's a highlight of my week, whenever i get to talk to her. "So, what fun have you done?"

"Well, i spent last weekend correcting tests, going over essays and writing new ones. Not that much fun actually" Y/n answer but i still hear a smile on her lips.

"Y/N, WHERE IS MY NEW SHIRT?" i also hear her nephew Oliver call out in the background.

"HAVE YOU CHECKED ON YOUR CHAIR?" she calls back and i can't help but laugh to myself.

"FOUND IT, THANKS" i remember the times she and Em had talked about the future, about marrying each other, about kids. Y/n is made to be a mom, i can tell that by how she takes care of her sisters kids.

"Come on Y/n. No parties? No dates?" i ask it even though i know that part is a sensitive question. And as i know her all to well, i know her hand goes up to her necklace, the one she never takes off. A detail i haven't shared with the rest of the class.

"You know i don't date Pen, it takes up unnecessary time. Especially when June is leaving me with the kids all the time." even though i'm the one who gets to hear every little thing that happens, and not so very nice things about her sister, there is still love in her voice as she says her sisters name. "Oh, one fun thing happened. As both June and Anthony were gone for the day, i took Oliver to the shooting range again. He absolutely loved it there, i think he has a future within law-enforcement." i think it's cute that she's sharing something like that with him. Even when it's the place she goes to blow of frustration or anger, the place that she goes to even how much it reminds her of Emily. She doesn't say it, but i know. I just do, it's a best friends thing.

"What about Rachel and Sarah? How are you they doing?"

"I'm trying to teach them as well, but they're still to small." joy, cheer joy in her voice. Even this early in the morning. Only reason i'm in the office this early is because i never went home last night. Some shifts become like that, but that means i'll soon get to go home and sleep. Since we got the Unsub we were looking for literally two hours ago. "But it gets a lot now that all three of them have homework and such so i do get a lot more to do around here" just as she's said her words and i'm about to shut of my computer to move home, a notification shows up on the screen. It's ViCAP so i have to open it, even though i know what it's about to tell me.

"Oh my" i breath out as i look at the report. One that feels like an exact copy of the ones i read two and a half years ago.

"What? Is everything okay?" it feels like she should know that my reaction is to something work related.

"I just..." it's honestly horrible, and the fact that i'm talking to Y/n at the same time doesn't make it better. "I got an notification of ViCAP about another father being killed and daughter being..."

"Okay stop, forget that i asked" she cuts me off, knowing where i was about to go. Technically i'm not allowed to tell her about the notification about considering she used to work here, and doesn't want to hear it herself, i really don't think about the rules and protocols.