16

JENNIE'S POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JISOO!" The three of us cheered.

"Thanks guys!" Jisoo appreciated.

We'd be heading home tomorrow, so we wanted to celebrate and enjoy our last night here. We told them that we were also engaged when we got back to the hotel earlier and they were overjoyed.

"I'm buying this meal babe," Lisa snatched to pay for the bill, I let her.

"You're glowing," Lisa commented as we waited for our flight to take off.

"So are you baby," I replied. "I can't wait to marry you." I took her hand which had the ring on and kissed it.

"I haven't told my parents," Lisa suddenly realised.

"I asked them for their permission and blessings already. My parents know as well," I shared.

"You're amazing, Jennie," Lisa smiled widely at me. I knew there were certain traditions which I will not overlook. One of it is to ask your partner's parents for their permission. And I know Lisa holds this tradition close to her heart as well.

"I'm not ready to go back to work. I'm still in holiday mood," Lisa whined.

"Neither am I," I pulled Lisa closer and kissed her forehead.

The four of us were busy with work the moment we returned. As usual, we only managed to spend time during lunch hours. Lisa would have gone to the cafe by the time I woke up and when she came home, sometimes I would already be asleep or if I had too much work, Lisa would be asleep by the time I got home.

It's another Friday afternoon and I'm just done with a lunch meeting. My eyes were getting tired from staring at the laptop. I lifted my gaze and saw my fiancé walking towards my office.

 I lifted my gaze and saw my fiancé walking towards my office

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Wow...." I whispered to myself. As usual, people were looking at her. Her eyes were focused on me and she smiled. I saw Taehyung look up and quickly look back down. Did I scare him?

"Hello baby," I walked up to her as she entered my office. "Why do you have your hood up?"

Lisa then removed her hood, "I chopped my hair, do you like it?"

"Oh my god, I love it. You look so beautiful," I was admiring her.

Lisa started to blush, "Thank you, I was afraid I'd look weird."

"You look amazing," I kissed her. "But why are you here babe?"

"Well, I need you to pack up. We're going away for the weekend," Lisa said as she walked over to sit on the couch.

I looked at her confused.

"It's your birthday tomorrow baby! I've made all the arrangements. Jisoo will be here in a bit and we'll go pick up Rose. Jisoo has gotten Irene to clear your schedule for the rest of today," Lisa explained.

"Really? Oh my gosh. We've been so busy I've lost track of the dates," I said in surprise.

Lisa smiled up at me, "I know. So c'mon Miss Kim, don't worry, I've gotten our clothes from home. It's in the car."

"I'm so excited!" Jisoo came bursting through my office.

"Where are you guys taking me?" I realised Lisa hadn't mentioned.

"You'll see later baby," Lisa smiled and she took my hand as we walked out.

Everyone seem to be getting used to seeing me smile whenever Lisa is around so they didn't appear so shocked when I broke into another round of laughter as Lisa said a silly joke as we walked to the lift.

"Take three steps up.... Okay... Slowly walk forward... Okay, stop..." Lisa had her hands covering my eyes for the surprise. "Are you ready?"

"Yes!" I replied excited.

"Ta-daahhh!" Lisa revealed.

My eyes went wide to the view before me, "Woahhhh!!! This place is beautiful!"

Our winter resort oversees the snowy mountains and icy lake.

"This is amazing!" I was in awe at the scenery before me.

We heard the door bell ring, Jisoo and Rose went to get it. Lisa comes behind me and wrapped her arms around me.

"I hope you'll enjoy this weekend baby. I love you so much," Lisa rested her chin on my shoulder.

"This place is beautiful, thank you for arranging this short trip," I turned to kiss her rosy cheek.

"Lisa! Jennie! Food's here!" Rose called out and we went it.

"So tomorrow is a day of pampering! So to the spa and hot springs!" Jisoo was really excited. "And then to one of the best korean BBQ here! Thank you Lisa!!!"

"Why are you thanking her?" I asked.

"Lisa said that this weekends' spendings will be covered by her!" Rose clapped.

I was shocked, "Lisa, you..."

"I want to babe," She said lovingly.

After we ate, Jisoo and Rose retreated to their room beside ours.

As I exited the bathroom after a hot shower, Lisa was looking out the window which I knew would display lights coming from the small town below.

She reached out her hand and guided me closer to her, "Happy birthday Jennie." She pulled a box from her pocket and presented it to me, "Open it."

I slowly opened the box and a beautiful diamond ring sat in it.

I looked up and Lisa was smiling, "I know you've proposed and I said 'yes'. But I want to ask you this. Jennie, will you spend the rest of your life with me? Will you marry me and be my wife?"

"Of course! Yes!" She took the ring out and placed it on the same finger I put on for her.

"I love you," She then kisses me.

"You didn't have to do this," I assured her.

"But I want to. I want you to feel the love and happiness I felt when you asked me. I want to put a ring on your finger too," Lisa confessed.

"How did I get so lucky?" I wrapped my arms around Lisa and hugged her.

"I ask myself the same thing everyday," Lisa whispered into my ear. "Let's plan for our wedding when we return home. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you."

"I can't wait to wife you up," I smiled into our kiss.

END

A/N

Apologies if this ended abruptly. I didn't feel the creativity to continue with this story line so i decided to wrap it up. Thank you for reading and for your support. I hope to be able to share a new book with fresher ideas in the future. Take care and stay safe, cheers!