6

LISA'S POV

"Here's $5 million. Leave Jennie and this is yours." Mr Kim offered a cheque in front of me.

I let go of Jennie's hand and reached for it.

When I took it, I saw Mr Kim gave a look like he was expecting that I would take it. I could see the shocked expressions on Rose and Jisoo's face, and Jennie was about to cry.

I stood up and their eyes followed my movement. I brought up the the cheque and started ripping it into pieces and threw it on the coffee table in front of us.

Jennie looked up to me with both a shocked and relieved expression.

"Mr Kim, with all due respect, Jennie is not some kind of business product where you can put an offer on. She's your daughter. And I love your daughter more than anything in this world. No amount you offer would make me change my mind about spending the rest of my life with her. I understand and respect that you are a successful business person. But you should know that your greatest success and accomplishment in life is this woman sitting here. She has grown up to be a strong, independent and the most incredible human being. If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you. Because you're missing out on the best things in life - your family. I'm not going to leave your daughter for anything you offer." I said in one breath.

Silence fell on the room. Mrs Kim had a proud smile on her face. I saw Jennie smiling up at me from the corner of my vision.

Mr Kim stood up and took a step towards me. Jennie immediately jumped to her feet creating a barrier between him and I.

"Step aside Jennie." Mr Kim gently holds her shoulder and shifted her position.

He stood in front of me and smiled, "No one has ever dared speak to me like this. You have my blessings to marry Jennie whenever the both of you decide to."

"What?" I asked, I thought I heard wrongly.

Jennie walked up beside me, "What?"

"Jennie, when your mother told me about her conversation with you and how you said you'd only marry Lisa, we both knew you found the one. We know you, you're our daughter, you have never said something this serious to us. I immediately called our business partner and explained everything, turns out, their son also had met someone so it was a mutual agreement to call it off. That cheque? Was a test. I needed to be sure that my future daughter-in-law is a person of character. And clearly, she is." I stood there in shock.

"Lisa, it's clear to me and Jennie's mother that you're an incredible person. Please, take care of Jennie. She can be rather difficult." Mr Kim lets out a laugh and I still don't really know how to respond.

Mrs Kim comes towards us and hugged me. "Jennie, if you hurt Lisa I'm going to hunt you down. You get it? This girl's a keeper." Mrs Kim warned Jennie and everyone laughed.

"There's no way I'm letting her go mom. Thank you dad. But please don't pull such a thing on me ever again. You can trust me completely on anything." Jennie pulled me closer to her by my waist.

"My apologies, to the both of you. You've truly grown up and I now see that my worry and concern has been misplaced. Your mother has already given me a earful for doing such a thing. I've learned my lesson." Mr Kim answered.

"Come, dinner should almost be ready. Let's eat before you go back to your apartment." Mrs Kim ushered us.

"Thank you for dinner Mr Kim, Mrs Kim." I thanked them as we were finishing dinner.

"Goodness.. Please call us dad and mom. Jennie is going to marry you. Right Jennie?" Mr Kim teased.

"Absolutely!" Jennie beamed with pride and I looked down blushing.