12

JENNIE'S POV

"Jen, is Lisa behaving weird lately?" Jisoo asked as she took a seat opposite me in my office.

I stopped my work on my laptop and looked up at her, "Hmmm.. Weird, no. A little secretive, yes, when I asked her where she and Rose went."

"Rose is behaving secretive too and she wouldn't tell me what's going on. You haven't asked Lisa?" Jisoo sat forward.

"I didn't ask. They're hanging out. I mean, we do that too without them sometimes."

"You're right. There's nothing to worry about. I don't know why but my heart beats so fast whenever I think about it, like something's going to happen," Jisoo sat back, trying to relax a bit.

I looked at her,  "There's nothing to worry about." Then I remembered I wanted to tell her something, "Jisoo, there's something I want to tell you."

Jisoo's lifted her gaze to me, "What is it?"

"I bought a ring," I shared.

"The Chanel one you were eyeing on?" Jisoo enquired.

"No. I bought a ring to propose to Lisa," I clarified. "I've gotten her parents blessings and well, mine are bugging me."

"Oh my gosh! That's amazing! Can I see it?" She clapped her hands.

I opened my drawer and took out a box and showed it to Jisoo.

"It's beautiful!" Jisoo exclaimed. "When are you going to propose?"

"I'm still working on that," I scratched my head.

Me:
Jisoo thinks you're being weird and secretive lately, try and be normal maybe?

Rose:
Really? I'm terrible at acting.

Me:
By the way, I've told Jisoo I'm going to propose to Lisa. She is bad with secrets so she will probably tell you. Try and act as surprised as possible please.

Rose:
Of course. Thanks for helping me keep my surprise.

Me:
Haha! Well, I kind of walked in on your phone call with Lisa, so you weren't given a choice.

Rose:
Well, yeah. I'm going to do it on her birthday. So the day before we return from New York. You?

Me:
Knowing Lisa, she'll prefer something more private. So honestly, I'm just waiting for the best moment when we're alone.

Rose:
You're absolutely right. It means more to Lisa when it's just the 2 of you. Guess you'll be carrying that rock around now. Ha!

Me:
I suppose so! Lols.

Lisa had the day off today and I only had 2 meetings to attend and I could call it a day. The meetings went well and it seems everything is in order for our site visit in New York. I could be stuck in my work instead of enjoying the city with my girlfriend and friends.

"Baby, I'm home!" I called out as I removed my heels.

"I'm in the kitchen babe," Lisa replied.

I walked deeper into the house and was greeted by Lisa in just her sports bra and tights, coated with a layer of sweat. She was drinking a bottle of ice water and the sight of how her throat moves as she gulps down was so damn sexy.

"Hi!" She greeted cheerfully, not noticing the effect she has made on me.

I moved closer wanting to hug her but she pulled back slightly, "I'm sweaty babe."

"But you look and smell so good," I said in a low voice.

Lisa closed the cap of her bottle and then pulled me closer by the collar of my blazer. She trailed her fingers down my buttons as she looked deep into my eyes.

"I think I'm going to need your help getting clean baby," Lisa said seductively.

The people in the office are used to seeing Lisa coming to my office

The people in the office are used to seeing Lisa coming to my office. Sometimes she would bring some snacks and pastries for them. I still see people studying her whenever she is around but she doesn't pay attention to them.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting babe, I'm just ensuring that everything is prepared before we leave for New York next week," I apologised as Lisa has been waiting for me for close to an hour.

"Take your time baby, it's no problem," She looked up to me from the book she had in her hand.

<Knock Knock>

"Hi Jennie, Hi Lisa!" Jisoo greeted as she walked in.

"Hey Jisoo," Lisa smiled back.

"I'm sorry Jen, Mr Cole wants to have a quick meeting in 10 minutes," Jisoo rubbed her forehead. She has been ensuring that the books were in order for this project and it has been a pain.

I turned to look at Lisa apologetically.

"Go ahead babe, I'll be right here," Lisa answered understandingly.

"You don't have to leave your office Jen, that's why I brought my laptop, we could just do it here virtually," Jisoo was already starting to set up her equipment.

"Thanks Chu. I'll try and make it quick babe," I was grateful for such an understanding girlfriend.

Half an hour later we were finally done. Jisoo went to pick Rose up from her agency and we decided to go somewhere for dinner.

I was packing my things when Lisa came over and hugged me from behind.

"You're such an incredible woman, and I'm so proud of you," Lisa said.

It warmed my heart to know that she thinks this way about me.

I turned to face her and kissed her, not realising that the people who are in the office have a full view of my action. When I turned around, yup, there were a lot of eyes on us and they quickly revert their attention back to their work.

I'm not a fierce boss, but it's just a side of me that they have not seen. Even Irene who has been my assistant for many years has never seen me this way.

We headed out of my office with Lisa's hand in mine, I didn't bother what anyone thought. But I could see their genuine smiles towards us when we walked pass their desks.