13

LISA'S POV

"God damn it, why did I decide to go for such a high ceiling?!" I was standing on the ladder trying to reach the lightbulb that has died. I'm the only one in the Zero Three now since I decided to come in early. I would usually be at Twenty Seven in the mornings but I have made some changes so that I'm at both cafes on different days.

"Urgghhhh.." I finally managed to change the lightbulb after stretching the furtherest I could.

"Ouuuffff!" The ladder slipped and I fell back.

I quickly shielded my head anticipating the impact of the ground. But I felt arms below, someone caught me, and I knew immediately that it was a man.

I opened my eyes and looked up.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I.... Ummm.. Yes.. Thank you.." I quickly hopped off his arms and adjusted my posture. "Thank you again, I'm such a klutz."

"It's no problem. I'm Taehyung," He introduced himself, extending his hand.

I took a step back creating more distance and extended my hand, "Lisa."

"You should be more careful and not do anything dangerous alone," He advised.

"I will remember that the next time. Right, what can I get you? Since you saved me from the fall, breakfast is on me," I was really grateful I didn't get hurt.

"Erm, it's my first day at a new job. So a warm drink that won't give me tummy ache and a chicken sandwich will do." He requested.

I smiled and started to prepare his order.

"Here you go! It's on me! And good luck on your first day," I smiled.

"Thank you. Erm? Can I come here again?" He asked shyly.

"Haha. Of course. We welcome everyone. Well, unless they are trying to create trouble. You're not going to create any trouble are you?" I joked.

"No no.." He laughed and shook his head. "Right, I better go, I want to be extra early in case I have a scary boss. Thanks for breakfast, bye Lisa." With that he left and everyone started to come in for work.

As he left, I was wondering why would someone start a new job right before the Christmas holidays. But then again, just last week, I hired someone new as well.

3 more days of work and we'll be going away for the Christmas holidays. I can't wait!

Taehyung came by the past 2 mornings to get his breakfast. I couldn't really tell if he really liked the drinks and food here or was he flirting. I didn't want to assume anything. But a warning does go off inside me to not lead people on despite how friendly I am at work.

I decided to call it a day today and left work earlier so that I could go to Jennie's office earlier in hopes we can have an early dinner and do some Christmas shopping. We were so late in our shopping because we're both trying to wrap things up before we fly to New York.

As usual, I exited the lift and gazes would be on me so I just smiled at the staffs in the office. When I turned to direction of Jennie's office, I spotted a familiar face - Taehyung.

"Hi Lisa!" Taehyung greeted cheerfully and everyone looked at him in shock. He looked around and was confused by everyone's expression.

"Hello Taehyung, so here's where you're working?" I asked.

"Yeah, I work in the Marketing team," He replied.

"I see. I hope you're copping well," I answered genuinely. I caught Jennie looking at our interaction. But she quickly looked down at her work pretending not to see anything. She's jealous.

I quickly ended the conversation with Taehyung before he asked more questions like to why I'm there

I quickly ended the conversation with Taehyung before he asked more questions like to why I'm there. I planned on showing him instead, just to get ensure that he doesn't flirt with me in future if that was his intentions.

"Well, I see you around. Bye!" I quickly turned and walked towards Jennie's office. She looks up again and I winked at her, I got a small smile in return. As I entered her office, she stood up and came around her desk and stood in front of me.

"He is still looking isn't he?" I asked Jennie. She peeked over my shoulder slightly and nodded her head.

I held her face and brought my lips to hers, "I'm only yours, Miss Kim." Jennie returned a wide smile.

"How did you know him by the way?" Jennie asked.

"He came in Zero Three 3 mornings ago and well, I slipped off the ladder and he caught me." I explained.

"Did he touch you inappropriately?" She asked seriously.

I laughed at her question, "No babe, he didn't. I think after seeing me kiss you, he will back off if he still wants to keep his job. And besides, I'm in love with his boss."

It was Jennie's turn to lean in to kiss me.

"Are you done with work for today? I want to go Christmas shopping!" I asked wrapping both my arms around Jennie's neck.

"Shopping sounds good. Let me pack and we can leave."

Jennie wrapped her arm around my waist as we exited her office.

"Baby, shall we get matching PJs?" I asked excitedly as we walked pass Taehyung's desk. I might have asked a little louder so that he'll hear.

Jennie caught on, "Why do we even need PJs?"

I was not expecting her response to be so suggestive that I forgot to wait till we're alone, "Oh my god Jennie Ruby Jane Kim!" I smacked her arm and she started to laugh.

If no one heard her before, they definitely heard her laughter now, a rare sound from their boss.

"Ah, only her girlfriend can call, hit and make her laugh like that," Jisoo walked towards us sharing this information with the staffs and they laughed along.

"Oh you guys are leaving?" Jisoo observed.

"Yeah, we're going Christmas shopping. Wanna go?" Jennie whispered so that her staff wouldn't think she's slacking.

"I'll meet you at the lobby in 5 minutes," Jisoo turned swiftly to return to her office to get her things.