Chapter 23~end game

Gunshots ring out everywhere, and Kingsley tries his best to dodge them.

Guns and any other weapon available, gripped tightly by hands waiting to give their justice.

I laid her body down hidden behind a tree, to keep her out of sight.

A stampede of men crowds every exit and now I'm trapped with other options for where to go.

A gun placed over Diana's forehead, I slam the man hard against the tree breaking his nose.

While his blood gushes wildly out his nostrils.

"Aww, look at you son you've changed after all," said the stranger only a few feet away from him.

"Shut up! Just don't hurt her, please I'm nothing like you, anyways said leaning against the tree, looking down eyes filled with rage and fury.

A figure moves stealthily through the woods, without drawing any attention to himself.

"You've gone soft for her haven't you? I don't think she deserves to live" said the stranger inching himself closer and closer, leaving crouching under his heavy boots.

Slightly angling the gun towards her chest, only hearing a faint heartbeat.

Without any second thoughts, Kingsley steps in front of her.

A silver and sharp knife shoved deep into his chest, his body going down slowly.

I hear a loud thud and sit up, my eyes widened at what's in front of me.

I press my hands on his wound hoping to stop the blood from flowing.

My hands were stained with blood like a sinner covered with their sins.

"Kingsley, please you can't leave me, because I can't live without you," said Diana adding more pressure to his wound wanting to see him alive again.

His heartbeat slows down to nonexistent, with no signs of any life left in him.

"He's gone, Kingsley is gone and it's all my fault," said Diana tears staining her face and placing a soft kiss against his forehead.

He would take a bullet for me, with no hesitation.

It's like he couldn't live or breathe without me being by his side.

Throwing away his life just for me, I call that love that could never be understood...