Chapter 17~closer

The fireplace turned on high heat, surrounding its aura the room.

And flames flowing in different directions.

Diana is fast asleep on the couch.

I spread a blanket over her body so that she doesn't get too cold.

I think I'm letting her in too quickly, and I don't want to repeat what happened last time.

Sitting down next to her sleeping body, she still looks beautiful with no effort.

A loose strand of her hair dances in front of her face.

My fingertips softly placed them back with the others.

The velvet curtains were ruffled by the radiator under the base of it.

I sit across from her in a rocking chair, picking up my book and reading the current chapter.

There are not too many things in this living room, though other people would call this "boring".

My stomach rumbled noticing I haven't eaten since this morning.

Tiptoeing across the creaky floors trying not to wake up sleeping beauty.

Looking in the pantry to find something to ease my hunger, before I starve to death.

A cutting board in front of me, laying down a metallic grey knife.

Deciding to make some pasta, since I'm in the mood to cook right now.

INGREDIENTS
~onions
~garlic
~angel hair
~sour cream
~tomato paste
~Parmesan cheese
~2 chicken breasts

Dicing the onions, garlic, and tomatoes smoothly.

curling my fingers in an uncomfortable position.

Turning on the gas stove, with the annoying ticking sound that gets on my last nerves.

Pouring the olive oil in a quick swirl in a frying pan, tossing the ingredients in the pan simmering in a rhythmic melody.

I hear footsteps entering the kitchen.

Quickly look over my shoulder to not be too distracted.

"It smells good in here, what are you making?"said Diana her hair ruffled a bit and stifling a yawn at the moment.

"I'm just making some pasta since I haven't eaten since this morning," said Kingsley reaching for a few more ingredients and seasonings.

"Wait... why didn't you eat anything, you could pass out you know," said Diana sitting in a chair with the table off to the side pretending to be a secret.

"Oh, I um was taking care of some business, just didn't have the time," said Kingsley with beads of sweat on his brow and seasoning the chicken generously for the best flavor.

"What kind of business exactly, maybe I can give you a hand with it?" said Diana looking through a random magazine for something to pique her interest.

"Sweetheart, are you concerned about my well-being? because if you are don't worry about it" said Kingsley dishing out the food on fine china plates and two wine glasses filled with red wine to the brim.

A/N do you guys think that Diana should be living this double life? Should she tell the truth to her parents or hope they turn a blind eye?