Chapter 19~old route

Wet tears stained the satin pillowcase.

My eyes were heavy from crying.

It feels so hard to breathe as if someone is pressing down on my chest.

It's the weekend and I'm so restless without something to do.

Deciding to meet up with an old friend from middle school.

Never thought our friendship would still stay the same.

Dangling my feet from the rooftop.

And staring at the starry sky highlights my face.

"Hey, D sorry for keeping you waiting for long," said Devon keeping his jacket closer to his body and having two cold beers in his rough palms.

"Don't worry, Devon I was gonna give you a few more minutes, before ditching you anyways" said Diana clinking her beer with his and looking for a fresh cigarette to smoke on.

"Oh, wow so you don't care about our friendship then," said Devon in a dramatic tone and took a seat right next to her.

Diana and Devon let out a loud laugh echoing into the open space.

And reminiscing about old times and who they used to be when they were younger.

Devon's right arm is exposed in a beautiful tatted sleeve, more like a work of art.

Honestly, I've always wanted to get a tattoo but I'm not too sure.

Cupping my hands over my cigarette to light it ablaze.

I look over to see Devon trying to steal a cigarette from my back pocket.

"Excuse you? What are you doing? Devon" said Diana snatching his hand away from her precious cigarette and isn't pleased with the thievery.

"C'mon, D sharing is caring you know that my dear friend," said Devon trying to smooth things over before they become too much.

"Alright, fine next time you owe me a new pack whenever we meet up again," said Diana handing her friend a few cigarettes to last a week or two.

Checking the time on her phone, giving a wave of goodbye to her old friend.

The cold air whips itself against the trees and things
in its path.

And disappearing into the cloak of darkness poisoning the streets and houses.

A/N I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Don't be afraid to leave any criticism, but be respectful.

I don't mind any suggestions let me know who is your favorite character in this story.