Chapter 16~butterflies

Walking under the moonlight night and glowing stars.

The wind moved swiftly through the streets and trees.

Houses on Sunset Street, leaning on its side never had any solid foundation.

Electricity poles tangled at the top of a wooden pole.

The corner stores accompanied by flickering lights,
and bulletproof glass.

Store owners look over their shoulders, making sure no one is watching them.

Moving past a club with a lot of neon signs, a tall figure underneath showing his sharp jawline.

Forcing my eyes to look ahead, and go in a different direction.

The figure slipped out of the shadows, following close behind, and never leaving my footsteps.

Trapped at a dead end in a dark alleyway, knowing anything can go down.

"Diana? What are you doing out here?" said Kingsley crossing his arms and looking both ways in the alleyway.

"I'm just here to visit, a friend now let me go, liar," said Diana trying to break free from his firm grip on her wrist.

"Excuse me? You're in a lot more danger right now being with me" said Kingsley letting go of her wrist and creating some distance between them.

"God, you're such a liar why didn't you tell me you are a criminal?" replied Diana snapping in anger and disappointment clenching and unclenching her balled fists.

"Because I wanted to see if you stay by my side, even if the world was against me," said Kingsley a few inches from her face, looking into her eyes.

Suddenly, sounds of police sirens and men going in every corner even the alleyway.

"Shh, we need to go now, let's go, Diana," said Kingsley gently tugging at her arm.

Gunshots rang out like an echo in a mountain.

We stop in front of an expensive car, with red shiny paint and a gold insignia at the center.

Kingsley enters the driver's seat and gives the engine a roar of life.

I sit in the passenger's side of the car and fasten my seatbelt.

I hear Kingsley breathe a sigh of regret and his hands gripped the steering wheel.

The car swerves through alleyways, and into the streets.

Pedestrian faces filled with horror, at the sight of a car moving so wildly.

The sun rises like from an end credit scene.

Our car came to a halt, stopping at a great view of the city.

I step out of the car into the cold wind breezing by.

Shivering and rubbing my arms to become warm again.

"Here," said Kingsley taking off his jacket and putting it over her shoulders.

For once time stopped all around us, and never wanted this moment to end.