Chapter 13~rescue

Sun peeking through the dark blinds.

My head pounding as loud as my heartbeat.

My nose broke from the hard punch of a stranger.

An old radiator heating the room at a very slow pace, but it's better than freezing to death.

I sit up too quickly, and yelp in pain from my injuries from the night before.

I see a guy leaning against the door frame glancing at me, every few minutes. I try to get myself out of the bed.

Looking around thinking about this place.

Looks like a secret hangout where no one in the world could find me.

"Who are you? Where am I?" said Diana grabbing a pocket knife from the nightstand and pointing it at the stranger.

"One, I'm not a serial killer please put the knife down, you don't have the guts to kill me, sweetheart," said Kingsley taking out a set of clothes and checking her injuries from the night before.

"Wait, you didn't answer my first question, plus you're a stranger anyways," said Diana looking Kingsley straight into his eyes not able to tell what he was feeling.

He gently checks my nose for any more bleeding and turns my right arm dabbing it with a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol.

"I think it's better you never know who I am, do you remember what happened to you?" said Kingsley carefully using the tips of his fingers to check any other places on her precious face.

"I remember walking out the door, a few guys following me, and not sure about the rest of it," said Diana breathing out a sigh of frustration and trying to remember anything.

"It's fine, Diana you don't have to force yourself to tell me about it," said Kingsley his eyes softening a bit quickly switching back to being unreadable.

With the rumors and things thrown around about Kingsley, it's hard to tell if there are true.

"Why are you being so nice? people say that you're a devil and no one wants to be around you" said Diana standing beside Kingsley looking out the window bigger than herself.

"So, you care about what other people have to say about me?" said Kingsley staring out the window, his tone sounding a bit offended and hurt.

Damn it, I didn't mean for my words to hurt him in that way, maybe I should be a bit more careful next time.

Kingsley clears his throat to get my attention and snap out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about it, never mind," said Diana checking the clothes to see if they would fit her body right or not.

"The bathroom is down the hall, to your right also don't let your curiosity get the best of you," said Kingsley in a warning tone throwing on a leather jacket and giving her some privacy.

Taking a quick shower and throwing on the clothes that were picked out.

Clothes chosen by Kingsley, surprisingly fit like a glove.

Walking through the hallways, just trying not to be nosy.

reminding myself I'm not around family.

A door slightly left opened, I take a few steps and look around.

maps laid out on a table and wanted criminals circled in a red ink pen.

In a distance, strong footsteps get closer and closer to mine.

A hand covers my mouth muffling any sounds.

"Look, Diana, we have to leave, the police are here and I need to get you home, away from all this mess," said Kingsley...