𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 13: 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘵

"What has gotten into you Loid, why the sudden rush?" Elvira asked as she and Loid now sat together on the couch.

"I'm sorry...I just promised my friend..." He muttered.

"And your promise is beautiful but, is the need to become an Imperial Scholar what she wants for herself?" She asked.

"...Well." He muttered. That's actually for  my mission. He thought.

"I want Anya to have the best time as she's enjoying herself in school with a lot of friends her age. Of course, she may need to study so that she doesn't get expelled." She said.

"Yes...You're right." Loid said with a small smile. She's still young so getting good grades is probably the least of her worries. He thought.

"After all, we already have one Imperial daughter so let's give Anya time to catch up." She said as she held his shoulder.

"You're right. I do lose my composure with her at times." He sighed.

"Well I'm sure other parents go through the same thing and I shiver at the thought when Andrew might do when he's her age." She giggled and he groaned.

"But...I'm happy that you realise your mistake. So it's only fair that I reward you." She smirked.

"With what?" He chuckled and she held his face with both of her palms and kissed his lips. He immediately wrapped his arms around her waist bringing her close.

"I love you, Loid." She muttered.

"I love you too." He said as they looked into each other's eyes.

᪥᪥᪥᪥

Meanwhile Alicia was taking care of Andrew, she had already finished her homework and so all she could do was think about Trix's offer to teach her magic.

It it was in the past she would've jumped at the chance to learn magic, but ever since she came here she's learned that power is painful.

Have you made you choice? Trix asked as he appeared by the window.

"I want to learn...but I'm scared." She admitted.

The scars of the past. He said and she nodded.

"I don't want to experience that sort of pain again and I just want to live normally, but this family has never been and never will be normal. Now that I know the supernatural exists not to mention the trails that will come ahead...I just want to protect what's dear to me." She sighed.

The path to power is never easy, I would he lying if I said that it won't be painful and there will be times you feel helpless. But as long as there's somthing or someone you love, you will always want to protect...So, do you have the will to do so? He asked as he raised his paw.

"Ali?" Andrew called getting her attention and he held her cheeks and looked at her with concern and she smiled.

"I am." She said and reached out tentatively but grabbed his paw either way.

᪥᪥᪥᪥

"Alicia, I've made you some mint tea if you're interested?" Elvira asked as she knocked on her door.

"Coming!" Alicia said and she opened the door to reveal herself and Andrew in her arms.

"Oh Trix, there you are you naughty cat!" Elvira scolded as he prowled out of Alicia's room.

"I'm so sorry Alicia, if he's bothering you I'll give him a stern talking to." She said.

"Oh no, it's alright he's good comfort." Alicia smiled.