"Because I can't be afraid of the dark."

              _____

Jenny started to read again. She started to get lost in other worlds. She started to marvel and wonder and dream.

Currently, she was on a bench at night under a streetlamp as the city came to life around her. She thought it would be good to be outside and watch as people smiled and partied knowing that life wasn't always so hard.

She was out at night, though, because she hadn't gotten a daylight ring yet. She could easily have Davina (or even Bonnie back at Mystic Falls) make one but she wasn't quite sure how well her tolerance was to blood. But she started to learn that she had a craving for only one thing and it certainly wasn't blood.

Jenny tried not to think about him to make these coming months easier on herself. But it seemed to be something she couldn't avoid, especially, when the brother of that man paid her a visit.

"I heard you've gotten rather close with the young witch," Klaus announced as he sat beside her on the bench.

Jenny paused as she studied the man beside her and she slowly closed her book. Truthfully, she wasn't mad about what he did to her but anger seemed to be the one emotion she was lacking.

"Yes, I'm sure you have," Jenny pointed out with a sigh. After all, she got Davina to break the curse on Hayley and her wolves that Dahlia had placed so the hybrid was able to be back with her daughter. "What do you want, Niklaus?"

Klaus placed his hands together as he gathered his words, "I've come to ask you to take my brother back. He's pouting across the river still and has yet to even so much as speak to me. I'm guessing he blames me for the break you two are currently on."

Klaus thought Jenny broke up with Elijah because of his anger that caused him to turn her. He thought Jenny was done with putting up with the Mikaelson family and her going back to Elijah would fix everything.

She blinked in astonishment before she sighed and stood up, "Klaus, you turning me had nothing to do with the break we are on. If you want your brother back, apologize."

Klaus rolled his eyes, "Apologize for making you immortal?"

Jenny shook her head in disappointment, "You can tell him that I've forgiven if you would like but chances are it won't do anything. But you know what you need to do and I have nothing to do with it. Now, goodnight."

She started to walk away but Klaus' words stopped her, "Have you forgiven me?"

Jenny turned to look at him in consideration, "I don't care that you turned me. Being a vampire was inevitable. But making him watch me die and not knowing I'd come back, well...that's probably one of the worst things you've done to him. But...Yes, I forgive you."

"I'm trying to be zen or whatever," she clutched her book to her chest with a little smile.

Klaus smiled softly as he stood, "My family does not deserve you, Jenny."

"Elijah and I..." she said before taking a breath as she said his name for the first time in a month; just saying his name made her heart race. "...are on a break. Doesn't that kind of exclude me from being called family?"

Klaus tilted his head in confusion, "My brother loves you unconditionally, Jenny. You will always be family."

Her lips parted in surprise before she pushed at his shoulder, "Well, then give him an apology. It's weird that you talk to me more than your own brother."

"Perhaps, I will," he rolled his eyes.

Jenny shook her head before she turned and left, "Sorry is one little word, Niklaus. It won't kill you."

AN: okay, so yeah Elijah actually hasn't spoken to Klaus or even seen Klaus for a month unlike the show
Anyways, we're going to have a couple chapters without Elijah