Tension

'Hiccup, how do you exactly want to capture the queen? She is surrounded by thousands of fireworms. I don't think she will come if we just ask nicely.' Snotlout said. It was a week later, my wounds weren't fully healed but I should be able to handle this mission.
    'Hey, you can't know that!' Ruffnut said. 'If you would ask Tuffnut to go sit in a cage so you can capture him, there is definitely a chance he will! Right Tuffnut!'
     'If the cage seems comfortable, I must admit, it would be very tempting.'
     'See, I think it's worth the shot. I really don't want to fight them, they are so annoying.' Tuffnut said.
     'Hey, I never said that we were going to fight them. I mean, maybe, but... Never mind. Their queen will not volunteer to be our prisoner so...' I said.
     'Blah, blah, blah, the queen won't volunteer but we are also not going to fight it. But in the end I'm the one that has to rescue one of you because you made them angry. I'm not really feeling it.' Snotlout said.
     'What Hiccup is trying to say is that we may be able to trick her or catch her in a trap, that would be the easiest.' Astrid said, helping me out.
    'Not true! Asking is the easiest! I want to play in the boar pit today so if we are not home in time I'm going to be very mad!' Ruffnut yelled in the wind.
     'You said it sister.' Tuffnut agreed.
     'No, that is not going to work! We just said that!' Fishlegs yelled back. 'How do you even come up with that!'
     'I just explained! And I thought that I was stupid!' Ruffnut yelled back.
     'Whoah, whoah, calm down guys. Why don't we let the twins ask if she could go sit in the cage we brought and the others make a trap. Best of both.' Emil said with a smile.
     'I guess I'm fine with that.' Ruffnut said stubbornly.
     'Yes, great idea Emil, that's what we are going to do. You two go ask the queen volunteer and definitely will say yes, I mean, you two can be very persuasive, and then we will set the trap, just in case your plan doesn't work. Perfect.'
     'Ha, I told you it was a great idea, Fishlegs! Even Hiccup agrees.' Ruffnut said. The twins looked very content.
     Fishlegs slapped himself in his face. 'Whatever.'
    Astrid and Emil looked at eachother and tried very badly to not laugh so loud that Ruf and Tuf would get suspicious of them. It was great to see that things slowly returned to the way they were.
    The fireworms had a huge head start, so it would probably take us two days before we would reach them. Then we had to relocate the queen of the swarm, far, far away to make sure that they never would come back. Fishlegs had found out that the fireworms often take the same route each year so we just had to make sure that flying back was not an option. Why the fireworms decided to change their route this year was still odd, their old flying route was probably disturbed. And although they may be very nice dragons, we had to decline a revisit.
     The sun started to disappear from the sky, it would be completely dark pretty soon. An island appeared on the horizon.
     'Finally!' Snotlout yelled. 'Can we please set up our camp now, you're not going to tell me that you still want to keep going. Please Hiccup!'
     'Yes, yes, we will set up our camp there, but first we have to check if we can see any signs that the fireworms have passed this island.'
    'Why can't we do that tomorrow morning! Tuffnut will be grumpy tomorrow if he doesn't get enough sleep and I'm the one who has to fly next to him the whole day!' Ruffnut complained.
     'It won't take long, the tracks are at their freshest now.' I said with a sigh.
     'Guys, I think we don't have to look for tracks, an enormous circle in the grassfield over there is turned to ashes. That seems pretty clear to me.' Fishlegs said.
     'Yes! finally some sleep!' Emil said relieved. 'If anyone dares to wake me up before sunrise! I'm looking at you Ruff and Tuff!'
     'Hey, why us?' Ruffnut asked.
    'Uhm sis, don't you remember that night that we were arguing for an hour next to the tavern, I think we woke him up.' Tuffnut whispered, I could barely hear it.
     'Oh, well don't worry Emil, we won't wake you up, unless of course we wake up first, then I can't promise you we will stay silent.'
     'What? That defeats the entire point!' Emil yelled back.
     'It does?' Ruffnut asked Tuffnut.
     'Don't listen to him, he is just tired.' Tuffnut said.
     'Well, that is going to be a peaceful morning, again.' Astrid said defeated.

We set up our camps, which was not more than putting our sleeping gear on the ground and praying it wouldn't rain, because we couldn't find any caves. It was pretty warm so we did not have to make a campfire. Emil put his sleeping gear as far away as possible from the twins, which meant he was laying next to me and Astrid. It was very late so none of us tried to talk and we all tried to sleep.

A warm wind blew into my face. I opened my eyes and Emil's face was a nose away from mine. How did we get so close together? I got a little excited. A shadow covered my face. I looked up and it was Astrid. She gave me an evil smile and softly tapped Emil on his head. Before I realized what she was doing Emil had already woken up and stared me right into the eyes.
     'That's a surprise.' Emil said with a soft smile. I died inside. I was already awake, I could have retreated my head, but I hadn't.
     'S-s-sorry, I just woke up as well.' I stumbled.
     'Don't worry, I don't mind.' Emil whispered. He said what? The tone he said it with, was he teasing me?'
     'Oohhh.' Astrid said excitedly. Emil's face turned red and he looked up. I saw on her face that she had realized her mistake. 'I mean, that's pretty nice of you, I would have smacked him in the face, but I'm a girl so it's different ofcourse. Good morning.' Astrid walked away. I was stunned because of the words he said and Emil was surprised Astrid was standing next to us so we still were one nose length away from each other!
'Good morning.' Emil responded. I finally proccest the situation but I decided not to pull my head back. Why, because Emil hadn't either so he couldn't accuse me of anything and I was interested in what he would do. Not that I wasn't dying inside, I definitely was, but apparently I had some courage in these situations. We made eye contact again.
'You're still staring.' Emil said.
'You didn't mind right?' I could not believe I just said that.
Emil pulled his head back. 'Yeah, right. Did you sleep well?' Now I started to doubt if he was teasing me, his attitude shifted. Maybe because of Astrid? I lost all my confidence which wasn't a lot either way but still.
'Uhm... y-yes I did. You?' I wanted to smack myself in the face, that came out so awkwardly. Why could I never talk normally when I wanted it the most.