Spikehead

'What kind of dragon would you like to have?' Ruffnut asked Emil. The gang was flying towards an Island full of dragons. We hoped we could find a dragon for Emil. The others were going to search for some rare dragons. Hopefully we could find some so we could research them. There was so much we didn't know yet about plenty of dragons. It wouldn't be a surprise as well if we would find a new species if we searched long enough.
     'It's hard. Are there any dragons that have any healing abilities?' Emil asked.
     'Oh, oh, uhm, let me think.' Fishlegs said. If someone knew every little detail about dragons, it was him. I came close, astrid is as well. 'I don't think so. But there might be one out there. A new one or a dragon we already know off.'
     'Do you know of a dragon that never gets sick of heals quickly? That dragon may have some healing capabilities.' Emil asked
     'Stormfly never got sick, but I have never seen her having healing abilities or anything like that.' Astrid said.
     'Once a Deadly Nadder burned half our house to ashes.' Tuffnut said.
     Ruffnut laughed. 'I remember. My chamber remained somewhat intact and yours was completely burned to the ground. You were so mad at me because I rubbed it in constantly, but I had to, it was just too funny, right guys?' We all looked awkwardly away.
     Astrid and the others headed towards the center of the island while Emil and I landed near the coast. It shouldn't take long to find a large group of dragons. We walked over the rocks near the coast towards a hill. Emil was staring in the distance, busy with his thoughts. I softly poked him with my elbow to get his attention.
    'You see that hill over there?' I asked. Emil nodded. 'On the other side of that hill should be a valley I believe. It's almost impossible to not find a dragon for you there. There will be a lot of dragons there so if you like another dragon instead, just say it.'
    After a tough climb we finally reached the top. We could have walked around the hill but Emil wanted to see the view. I protested against it but in vain. Toothless was playing with some terrible terrors so yeah, walking it was.
     'Wow, the view is amazing. This valley is huge.' Emil said. The valley had a lake on the left with countless rivers flowing downwards to the right. At the lowest point was another lake with a mountain next to it which wasn't reaching much higher than the hill because it started so low.
     'Toothless! We can't get much further now without your wings, playtime is over.'
     'Are you sure the wild dragons won't attack us?' Emil asked. I would have loved to tell him I was sure, but of course I wasn't.
     'Well, we have Toothless so they won't be able to harm us and that they will attack us is unlikely, but I can't promise anything. Just don't be hostile.' Emil made a stupid face.
     'Great, just say we're completely safe next time. Now I'm nervous.'
     I rubbed his head making his hair stand out in all directions. 'Oh, poor boy. Now I feel very sorry for you. Come on, nothing is going to happen.' Emil grabbed my hand and tried to do the same to me. I grabbed his other hand too, but he still tried to ruin my haircut.
    'Shit.' Emil shouted. I turned around to see what was wrong and not even a second later I felt Emils hand in my hair doing his utmost best to make my hair look as bad as it can.
     'Really?' I said.
     'This haircut suits you way better.' Emil said with a big smile on his face.
     'Well you look fabulous as well with that crow's nest on your head.'
     'Oh, how dare you!' Emil cried with a deeply insulted voice and he poked me in my side. I cannot accept that.
     'No stop, don't do that.'
     'Only if you take your words back!'
    'Never, it looks like a crow's nest!' Emil wanted to poke me again but Toothless landed on the ground so I jumped off. 'Didn't think so! Now come here and make some dragon friends.'
    'Wait, aren't you going to help me?'
     'I may consider it if you beg me.'
     Emil jumped off Toothless. 'Nah, ain't gonna happen. I'll figure out something. If I die, it's your fault.' and he walked slowly between the dragons while inspecting them. His eyes settled on a pack of dragons with three white spikes on his head. 'What dragon is this one? With the three spikes on his head. Can I train that one?
    'Those dragons are Dramillions Give it a try.'
The Dramillion noticed him and they turned their heads sideways to inspect him. Emil slowly approached one of the Dramillions but stopped when the Nadder spread his wings and pointed his spikes at Emil.
     'Uhm, a little help here?' Emil slowly walked back.
     'Lower your hands and bring them in front of you and bend your knees a little. Then slowly approach her again.' I said. Emil turned his head towards me and stared at me with big eyes. He wasn't planning on continuing. 'If you turn around now he will pierce you with his spikes, just do as I say.' That was not true at all but I figured it would motivate him.'
     'What?! You're gonna be so sorry.' Emil did as I said, the Dramillion curiously inspected him and decided to tolerate it.
     'Now slowly, I repeat slowly, reach out your hand but don't make eye contact.' Emil looked down and brought his hand towards the Dragon's head. His legs started shaking, so were his vingers. The Dramillion made a sound that probably was a greet and touched Emil's hand. Emil's body shocked. In the meantime I had walked to Emil and whispered behind him: 'You're good, you can look at her.' His head slowly went up and he laughed softly. He stopped shaking and smiled.
     Emil started petting the Dramillion. 'Hey there buddy, he is a male right? You called him a him.' Emil asked. I nodded. Emil wasn't afraid anymore, but he was tense.
     'Scratch his throat, most dragons love that.'
     After a few minutes Emil started to relax. 'I'm gonna call him Spikehead.'
    'Well, climb on 'm, it's time to head back to Berk.'
     'What? I can't fly a dragon!' Emil sounded desperate. If you focussed on my face you could see a little smile form and disappear.
     'It's really not that hard. She will do the flying, you just tell her the direction.' I said. Emil gave me a pissed look.
     'Not funny. I'm not gonna climb on that dragon to fall off her and get smashed to the ground.'
     I rolled my eyes. 'She won't drop you and even if she did, I would catch you. Just try it. There isn't a way you should do it. Every dragonrider does it their own way.'
     'Ok, but you stay near me. I will nót forgive you if I fall off.' Emil said and climbed the dragon. He tapped twice on Spikehead's shoulder and asked: 'Let's take off, slowly.' He made some noise and took off. Emil clamped his hands on Spikehead's shoulders. 'Let's go find the others.' Emil signaled the direction he wanted to go and I followed him.
     Emil did a fine job. The Dramillion did understand all his commands which wasn't too surprising since they were super smart.
     In the middle of the Island we encountered the others. 'Uhm, Hiccup. I think we have a problem. At the edge of the Island is an enormous swarm of fireworms heading in our direction. And by enormous I mean like tens of thousands. They are heading towards Berk!' Fishlegs said nervously.
     'I think they will arrive in about a week.' Astrid said.
     'Tens of thousands? We can't stop that!' I said. Everything went from great to a disaster in a few seconds. Why were the fireworms even heading in our direction, this wasn't their normal route.
     'We might be able to redirect them.' Fishlegs said. 'But it's gonna be a close one. When they are near Berk we can try to scare them around the island by firing all our dragon power and everything else we have at them.'
    'Can't we isolate the queen and redirect her, the swarm will follow.' I said desperately.
     'I'm sorry Hiccup, but that is not going to work. The fireworms have already taken off and there are no islands between this one and Berk. Only if they were on land could we isolate the queen. Now they are swarming so we can't find the queen and they will attack us when we try to. We have to redirect them at their next stop to make sure they will take a new route next year. That shouldn't be too hard.' Fishlegs said. I got scared, but didn't want everyone to see it. A firewall? That would be a long shot. Our only shot.
     'And what if our firewall goes wrong? I don't feel like being grilled.' Ruffnut said.
     'Come on, now I am hungry. Grilled food is so good. Especially grilled yak.' Tuffnut said.
     'Oh, oh, or chicken, but we don't have a lot of chicken anymore at Berk.' Ruffnut sobbed.'
     'Ruffnut is right.' Astrid said.
     'I know right, we should get more chickens. Let's catch some.'
     'No! Not about the chickens. We need a safe place in Berk in case it doesn't work.' Astrid sighted.
     'We could use the basement of the great hall if we replace the wood for Iron.' I said.
     'We have to guarantee that the basement won't get firewormed, we will choke otherwise.' Emil said.
     'Such a small place is defendable with our dragons.' Snotlout said.
     'Let's head to Berk then and I'll talk to my dad.' I said with hanging shoulders.