The queen

We packed our things and continued with our journey. We would reach the next island in a bit less of a day. It was likely the fireworms were resting there. That would be our chance to catch one. Our dragons were not a natural enemy of the fireworms so we shouldn't scare them away with our presence. We did blast a lot of them with flames but they would never recognise us or our dragons through the thick wall of fire or smoke. It shouldn't be too hard to catch the queen. The only thing we had to be mindful about was that we were able to catch her before the other fireworms started swarming.
We were all relieved when we finally reached the island. We could clearly see a lot of smoke so the fireworms were here as well. We had been flying for an entire day so we immediately set up our camp and went to sleep. One of our dragons or one of us was awake to make sure the fireworms wouldn't be gone if we woke up. Nobody wanted to start so we chose Snotlout. This time I made sure that I wasn't sleeping next to Emil. I just wanted to rest.

'Hey, that fireworm is bigger than the others, it looks super dum.' Ruffnut said while we were looking through spy glasses to find the queen.
     'Then isn't that the queen?' Fishlegs said annoyed.
    'How can I know that? I don't know what the queen looks like.'
     'Uhm, maybe because I told you that the queen is the only one that is bigger than the others!' Fishlegs said while swinging his arms up out of disbelief.
     'Oh! So that is what you said. Yeah I didn't listen. Did you really think I ever listen when you are spitting out all of your dragon facts?' Ruffnut laughed.
     Tuffnut put his arm on Ruffnut's shoulder. 'Yeah, we have better things to do like not listening to you!' Ruffnut and Tuffnut laughed.
     'You are so useless! It is going to get you killed one d...'
     'Yeah, yeah, Ruffnut, can you tell me where the big fireworm is?' Snotlout said. I walked to Fishlegs and put my hand on his shoulder.
     'Don't waste your time on them. They will never listen. At least they found the queen, we should be happy. We have been looking for more than an hour now.' I said.
    'I know, they are sometimes just so annoying.'
     'Ok, guys, the queen is under the big tree near the middle lake. Try if you can find her.' Snotlout said.
     'So how are we going to catch her?' Emil asked.
     Astrid stepped forward. 'I have been thinking about that.'
Me and Toothless flew back and upwards to gain a lot of speed in our flight. The others started their distraction with food and stupid movements. Toothless set in the dive. I hugged him closely because of the speed. When the fireworms turned their heads towards us they started to head towards their queen but only a few had reached her when Toothless released the fireproof net. Astrid and Emil jumped out of the bushes, they were not part of the distraction. Instead they made a small firewall to buy Hookfang some time to grab the net correctly so the queen couldn't escape.
    'I've got her! Now let's get out of here!' The fireworms all had lifted off and headed towards Hookfang and Snotlout but they were able to keep their distance. We headed towards the east. There was an island a day flying away and there were some small islands in between them so Toothless could take a few minutes to pause. He could fly the entire thing at once but then he had to go at maximum speed. Then we wouldn't be able to stay with the group in case something goes wrong. This way we're not there for only five minutes.