Flight

I'd been thinking about asking Emil to take his first flight with me and toothless the entire day.
     You know what, I'm going to walk to the tavern and if I see Emil, I'm gonna ask him. Just as a friend, no expectations. Ok I definitely wouldn't mind something happening and I am lowkey excited, but it's fine. I just ask him, he might decline but I'm not gonna give up until he comes with me, and we see what happens. No risks. It's fine, totally fine. Ok, maybe not, but I'm gonna do it anyway.
     Someone was walking down the road near the tavern. I couldn't see who, it was dim outside. Toothless walked next to me.
     I don't know if I want him to be that shade or not. I think I do?
     We were walking towards each other. The shade was small, just like Emil, it had to be him. It was him. Great?
     'Hiccup, is that you?' Emil asked.
     'Oh hey, I was headed towards the smith to pick up some stuff.'
     'Was?' Emil asked. We were still walking towards each other. I'm pretty sure I blushed, but he wasn't able to see it because it was late in the evening.
     'Well...'
     I have to do it now.
     'You s-seem ok now with dragons, but you haven't flown on one yet. I-I thought... maybe you want to go on a flight with me and Toothless. Berk is beautiful in the dark from above.'
     'Uhm...' Emil took his time. 'Just us three?' He asked. I felt caught.
     'Yes, so... so what do you think?' I asked, trying not to be suspicious. A soft smile appeared on his face.
     'Yeah, sure, let's do it, but I'm still kinda scared so please be careful.' Emil spoke very softly. He was clearly nervous. Toothless looked at me with his big eyes. He obviously knew what I was doing.
     I jumped on Toothless and reached out my hand to help Emil climb up. I secured him so he couldn't fall in case we wanted to make a dive. 'Let's go bud.' and Toothless slowly took off. Immediately Emil clamped his hands around my waist. A little victory there. 'I need to help Toothless with flying, so that's what you will see me doing with my right leg. Well, not exactly a leg but you get the idea.'
     'Where do you wanna go?' I asked. Emil suggested the sea.
     'Still scared?' I asked while heading towards the sea.
     'Don't you feel my hands? They are like iron clamps.'
     We flew above the sea now. It never got boring. During the day, the view of the sea was amazing and the water waves were enchanting. During the night it was so peaceful.
     'Wow, it's so silent out here.' Emil whispered.
     'you like it?'
    'Yes, this is so cool.' Emil his grip loosened and let his head rest on my shoulder. It came really close to a hug. My arms strained and I made all kinds of nonsensical movements with my vingers to control my excitement.
     'We are going to head back now and we're going higher.' We climbed higher and higher. Emil's grip got tighter again.
     'It's fine, you can't fall off.'
     'I know.'
     We moved past a rock in the sea, now you could see Berk. You could see the few lights burning in the village. 'Isn't it magical?' I asked.
     'All those glowing lights, they're amazing. It is just like our village when we are standing on top of one of the mountains, but now I'm sitting on a dragon. It's unreal.'
     I turned my head towards Emil, the look in his eyes was calm and happy. Emil, the cutest, smartest and the kindest guy of this village was leaning with his head on my shoulder. I don't know what I felt. It was a combination of happiness, nervousness and excitement. Emil saw me looking at him and for a moment we had eye contact.
     After flying some circles around Berk, we went back to my house. 'Thank you, it was really nice.' Emil said.
     'No problem, It was great flying with you. If you want to do it again, just ask.'
     'I will.' Emil said. He opened his mouth, but closed it. 'Ok, so, I'll go home then, see you.'
     I watched Emil walk home. Toothless gave a teasing laugh. 'Stop it.' Toothless looked at me with fake pityness and swayed his head back and forth.
    'I know, now please stop.' He didn't. Eventually I went upstairs where toothless people couldn't tease me. Or so I thought, because I could hear him laugh outdoors.