THE PLAN

Ben was dreaming. In this dream of his, he was on a date with Reze at Mr. Smoothies, laughing and talking together as if they were a couple.

"Reze...I love you so much." Ben told the dream version of Reze as he kissed her softly.

"Do you really love me?" Reze asked coldly as suddenly the background with Mr. Smoothies melted behind them, turning to pure darkness.

When Ben turned back towards Reze she started bleeding and coughing blood out of her mouth as she looked at Ben with a cold glare.

"You don't love me...Benji boy...because of you...I killed those innocent

"N-no...i...it wasn't my fault you killed them not me..." Ben said with a terrified expression on his face.

"Do you really think that? I killed them because you refused to give in...and...I'm dead because of you, remember...?" Reze said as her face became even more bloody and distorted. "I even called your name...Ben...Ben! Ben! But...you didn'f hear me...IT'S YOUR FAULT I DIED!"

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry Reze...I couldn't...I failed you..." Ben tried to explain himself as calmly as possible but his fear was given away by his trembling body.

"You're sorry...excuses aren't enough...!" Reze said as she grabbed Ben's jacket before looking straight into his eyes with her blackened eyes.

Our hero woke up with a jolt, sweating and panting from that dream-no, that nightmare. He still felt guilty for Reze's death, perhaps more than what is considered healthy.

Ben looked around the room for a bit before sighing in relief.

"C'mon, Tennyson, what's with you?! It was just a dream...just a dream..." The omnitrix wielder said to himself in an attempt to calm himself down.

"Meow!"

Ben jumped upon hearing that sound before realising that is just Power's cat Meowy wanting to sleep with him again. Just what was with this cat? This was the fifth time this month(*the first time was in the ending of chapter 3 for those who don't remember).

"Ugh...! C'mon kitty, you can sleep with me if you want." the teenage hero groaned in light annoyment as the white cat placed herself atop his stomach.

After a failed attempt of sleeping again, Ben sighed and in an end decided to wake up and eat breakfast with his friends.

"Didn't sleep well, Tennyson?" Aki asked the omnitrix bearer as he noticed the seemingly sleep-depraved expression on his face.

"No...I had a bad dreamand I couldn't sleep well."

"Well, even if you don't sleep well...why are you always sleeping with my cat Meowy?!" Power exclaimed at Ben with a frown causing the teenage hero to give her a confused expression.

"Eh. Why am I always sleeping with your cat?! You're the one who snores so loudly that you scare Meowy!" the omnitrix bearer retorted with a frown.

"Nuh-uh! That isn't true at all! Meanie!" the fiend replied in a childish manner.

"Oh, is that so? Well if I'm a meanie then you are a huge annoying bit-" Ben said but was cut off by Power jumping atop him ready to beat him up.

"I had a dream too last night." Denji said out of nowhere, causing Ben and Power to stop fighting.

"First off, nobody asked you Denji. And what was your dream about anyways?" Ben replied, confused as tp why his friend brought the fact that he had a dream too up.

"Well, I dreamed about a closed door and Pochita telling me not to open i-" Denji started saying but he stopped mid-sentence when he noticed Makima entering the apartment.