Chapter 21

I bite back a moan as the sour and salty flavour bursts inside my mouth

I bite back a moan as the sour and salty flavour bursts inside my mouth. I want to roll my eyes and moan in pleasure at this foreign taste. But I can't break eye contact with Kazimir, neither has he wavered his from mine. With a pop, I pull out the spoon from my mouth and lift my chin at him. These new exotic flavours of ice cream Ruslan brings will be the death of me. Being a rich bitch, I had thought I had had almost every food that was left to taste. Especially since I didn't have a delicate tongue to have a liking to certain cuisines, I liked the overwhelming bursts of flavour in every food I ate.

Kazimir wanted to tell me the truth about when and how he fell for me. I wanted it to happen in this room, in this cage. He was far from being okay with it. He thinks that I constantly want to remind him of what he did to me. A few days back, that could have been the reason, but things have changed between us. I feel it in the marrow of my bones. Whether I mention it ever again or not, he will always regret kidnapping me.

I want to know about the first time this obsession began and want it to end in this room, which no longer will be here after tomorrow. He will no longer be obsessed but will be in love with me after I tell him I have also started to have deep feelings for him. The feelings I can't put a label on. Maybe it was destined to be like this. No other guy liking me, or me having feelings for them, was meant to be, so I can be his.

Kazimir sighed, removing the tie, holding his hair in place, ruffling the mess he sighed before speaking. "I was very young when my father sent me to Volgograd to his distant cousin, Denis, in Russia. He ran the dock's business for him. We weren't that wealthy back then... so life there wasn't easy. DZYA-dzya(uncle) would count rubles and hand them to someone else while we starved because we didn't have the money to buy proper food. TSYO-tsya (Aunt) would curse at me daily. Uncle was an honest.. honest criminal... Let's just say he was loyal to the Bratva. And I was one more mouth they had to feed besides their two children. I ate the same shit they had managed to get. Sometimes I gave them to their kids, hoping to please my aunt, but that never happened."

"Denis uncle was always kind to me. But he also had a job to do, making me a strong man. He used to send me to deliver drugs and weapons because no one would suspect a kid at that time."

"I enjoyed playing on his small ship. One day, he gave me a compass, a pirate hat, and an adventure." His eyes lit up as he continued to look in the distance.

"That's when I started to love my life there. Pirates ate whatever food they had. Some days they went without food because they were nowhere near the land." He chuckled and moved his gaze back to me. My own lips curved into a smile. It was for the first time he looked his age, hell, even younger. Those forever there wrinkles on his forehead had vanished. His eyes weren't burning to ruin whoever comes in his path.

"Then another big pirate came.... my father." he chuckled, but bitterly this time. Before I could think, I inched closer to him, abandoning the ice cream tub. "I had forgotten his face by then." His fist clenched, and I run my palms over them until they loosen. He gave me a beautiful smile that made my heart burst with pleasure.