Chapter 10

My hands remain suspended, holding the shoelaces as I looked at my laptop

My hands remain suspended, holding the shoelaces as I looked at my laptop. Gaia was looking straight into the camera with the sass and a smirk that makes me hard. I hadn't clicked on the latches on the iron bars of the walk-in closet in which I had turned into her temporary cell. The same place will be filled with all the branded clothes and expensive jewelry when she will become my wife. She will forget this ever happened. I closed the laptop and went to open the door.

"Your walk-in c-closet is too big for a b-bachelor." Her mocking voice greeted me the moment I opened the door, telling me she has figured it out by herself without setting a foot out. And I expected nothing else.

I curled my lips down and cocked my brow, nodding my head in silent admiration for her wits. She tried to walk past me, but I blocked her move, sidestepping to block her path. This time she really shuddered at the contact, apart from the act she puts for shivering her body like she is cold. I take a step closer to her. Close enough, I would have felt her breath on my chest if she weren't holding it in anticipation of my next move. Even I don't know what I will say or do next when I am close to her.

"It's a special him and her closet. Customized for us." I whisper close to her ear, leaving a small kiss on her earlobe, noticing the vein in her slender neck thud loudly. Her face didn't show any signs of fear. Good.

When she released her breath, I deliberately pulled back after the small victory. Gaia shook her head to snap out of it, but I had already been embedded in her brain.

"Customised for the makeshift cage if the woman wants to go shopping. You can lock her in with the stuff she had previously bought." She snapped sweetly in a honeyed voice, batting her lashes at me.

I was stunned for a moment because she spoke every syllable clearly without stuttering. For a minute I debated with myself if she was really doing it. She grinned to see me baffled. Satisfied with her remark, she nudged me with her shoulder, heading to walk past me. Rubbing my shoulder where she pushed me, I pursued her.

Gaia stood in the middle, scrutinizing my bedroom... Our bedroom. I curl my fists in nervousness. My interior designer had become a borderline stalker as she stalked Gaia's social media accounts, the surroundings in her house. The places she frequents. Apart from her love for gold jewelry, she likes platinum. So the bedroom was themed in platinum and black. The lamp posts were made of nickels accentuated by platinum beads. Grey sheets neatly splayed over the king-sized bed.

I haven't laid on the bed since it was brought here. I slept in the guest room, and since Gaia was here now. Yesterday, I slept on the couch. Gaia's gaze shifted toward the couch and its dishevelled state.

My gaze was anxious as Sasha's my mother's friend's daughter when she showed me her final plans for the bedroom. My fists uncurled, and a small sigh of relief filled me when she peered at the wall above the bedpost, I hated the cotton ball strings spreading a warm silver light and some sort of yellow rice fairy lights that would fall over the shelves of the walk-in closet, once all this will be over. Sasha prodded it will be easily removed and had another aesthetic idea for it. But not anymore.