I was a dual top private school attendee, and now a Yale student. By all accounts most people would be proud of themselves.

Driving past the school I glanced at the time left until I got to my destination and immediately added ten minutes to account for traffic.

Thirty minutes to get to Yale every day, not bad.

As I navigated the streets of New Haven I eventually made it to the sorority house that I was apparently staying at, but I was going down a long ass driveway and felt like I was in the wrong place.

On both sides of the driveway was trees with a rock garden to fill the ditches where snow and ice would collect in Winter.

When I finally made it to the end I pulled around a circular motor court that was lined by about five other luxury cars that immediately made me feel like I was on par with most of the people I'd be around here.

Getting out of the car I popped the trunk and moved my seat so that I could get all of my bags with ease.

Collecting them and leaving them all in a neat pile, I locked the car and shut the trunk before picking all the bags and walking towards the front door of the brownstone mansion that was apparently a sorority house.

Knocking once as it was all I could manage without banging my bags against the wooden door I waited and less then a minute later the door sprung open and I was met by a smiling curly blonde girl in a striped jumper and party ripped jeans.

"Hiya there" she says with a southern accent and a perfect white smile.

"Hello, I'm-" but she cuts me off.

"Scarlett, yes we were told you'd be up tonight, its so good to meet ya" the blonde says and she kinda reminded me of Theo in the sense that a genuine beaming smile seemed to be her resting face. It was welcoming.

"You didn't tell me your name" I say politely as I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear as it was starting to get in my left eye.

"Courtney, oh and let me help you with those" she says taking two of the bags and turning, "come on in" she says leading me through the white walled house with a lot of steel elements to make it seem bright along with light wooden flooring.

As she took me to the second floor and along the halls I noticed that several rooms were occupied just not all of them at once.

"This will be your room" she says gesturing to a room in the back corner of the house where I could look out at who was by the pool.

The room was also relatively simple for now as I'd decorate it. The walls were the same off white colour as the rest of the interior of the house as it leaned towards grey. The bed was a similar style, and short fluffy carpet covered the floor except for the small walk in closet and the bathroom which was marble flooring.

"Thank you, Courtney, also do you mind telling me how a sorority is placed in a manor?" I implore as I set my bags down at the foot of my bed.

"The wealthy alumni for Yale have a home for select students who come from wealthier families, there is six of us who are here this semester. It's a pretty guarded secret though. Part of how Ivy League schools will hold preference for students from wealthier families and why its rare that students from basic income homes are let in".

"Courtney what are you..." another girl asks before I am met by a straight haired redhead with brilliant green eyes.

"Tessa this is Scarlett Louviere" Courtney introduces.

"Louviere... I've heard your name. Parents own a French finance company?" Tessa prys with scepticism.

"Yes, people seem to know my name but not actually know me, so please don't assume anything by the name" I say looking between them.

"Vanessa might assume some things, she did likely watch you pull in, her room's the far side" Courtney gestures to a room that was closed but music could be heard from the other side of the door.

"She can assume all she wants" I shrug.

"Also its late, I'll likely be getting up early tomorrow to go room shopping so I can decorate it. And all of you should probably go to bed get our last bit of sleep before classes start" I say giving them both a smile that was returned before they walked off to their room leaving me to unpack before going to bed.

This was my home for the next year and I would embrace it, to make the most of going to a school away from home. Where I could hopefully leave the past behind me.

Scarlett is settled you'll all be reuinited with the boys next chapter. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌