SDWN 36

Dru Hill - In My Bed

Kyren carefully closed the front door behind him before stepping out of his sneakers, he sat his keys on the hallway table before making his way to the bedroom. He let out a slight chuckle at the sight in front of him, he delicately removed Allure's glasses from her face before folding them and setting them on her nightstand. He grabbed her phone that was playing a YouTube video and locked it before connecting it to the charger and placing it on the nightstand, right next to her glasses. Kyren cut off the side table light and kissed her forehead before slipping in the bed.

ᥫ᭡

Allure mindlessly sipped her matcha lemonade as she played Sims on the store computer, in no time she found herself addicted. She wanted to build onto the storyline that she and Maiya created every time she came to the store. The door opened, which caught her attention. Terrance walked into the store with a plastic bag in his hand and a smile on his face.

"Hey T." Allure greeted, she grabbed her phone to check the notifications she missed while she was super deep into the game. Happy to see her makeup appointment for her maternity photos confirmation email, she took a screenshot of the email—just because before sitting her phone back down.

"You in the market for new candles already?" Allure questioned, Terrance shook his head no, "I actually came to—well, something has been on my mind since my son's party." He announced as he pulled a white box out the CVS bag.

"I have to know if you're my daughter Allure—we can swab our mouths and send them off, but I have to know." Terrance explained, Allure's eyes widened as she looked at the home DNA test in Terrance's hand.

"B-but what makes you think?" Is all Allure could manage to get out her mouth, the seriousness on Terrance's face let her know that he was genuinely stressed. "I know Jackie is your mama—you look just like her. She's the one I mentioned at the barbecue the other day." He spoke, Allure deeply sighed as she pushed away her lemonade. Her life was definitely like a box of chocolates, she never knew what she was gonna get.

"But still, my mama dealt with a lot of men—what makes you think you're the one?" Allure questioned, growing up she never longed to have a father. Oddly, she accepted that she didn't know who her father was. Her mother's drug caused absence was a bigger fish to fry. "Because when she told me she was pregnant, I didn't think you were mine—you have an older sister named Charisma, right?" Terrance spoke, Allure nodded her head yes.

"See, I didn't think you were mine because it turned out that Charisma wasn't mine." Terrance explained, this was news to Allure. All her life she thought her and her sister had the same father, at least that's how Jackie made it seem. Allure stood there trying to process everything, she never imagined coming in contact with her father, especially not with said father being her best friend's father in law.

"I'll take it." Allure finally announced, she figured why not. A part of her really wanted to know since Terrance felt so adamant about it. She grabbed a pen for both of them and they began to fill out the forms that came in the box. Per the instructions, they washed their hands before swabbing their mouths twice. The swabs went into the the form before they trifolded them and stuck them in the fedex envelope. Nervousness filled her body as she watched Terrance seal the fedex mailer. So much information at one time had her head spinning.

"Here." Allure said as she grabbed a sticky note and began to write, "Take my number for when the results come." She added, pulling the sticky note off the pad and handing it to him. He nodded his head as he eyed the small piece of paper. They said their goodbyes and Terrance left the store, Allure quickly turned off the open light—she knew she wasn't in the shape to talk to customers and didn't want the store to get a "rude owners" reputation.