𝟎𝟎𝟎.

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟎𝟎𝟏
— homecomings

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟎𝟎𝟏— homecomings

the smell of rain

if i knew everything that would happen, retrospectively, i would still do it all again. because no matter the pain that has been spread and the sorrow that has seeped through to everyone in my life; it was the only thing that truly lit me up.
the only truly selfish thing i have done. because our love was a disaster waiting to happen.
i knew it the moment our eyes met, yet some pulls are too hard to resist and some souls are meant to meet.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

stella barrington was the definition of a genuinely kind and caring person, a thing people always told her, yet she never believed. that was the thing about her, she was unaware of her effect on other people. the fact that people felt at ease around her, because there was never an ulterior motive behind her actions, seemed like normality to her.
what you saw was what you got.
and what you saw was pure.

rafe cameron was the complete opposite of her. not only financially, but on a social level. if you'd ask anyone on the island, the responses ranged from regurgitation of other people's bad experiences, spewing their prejudice to aversion all the way to animosity. the boy whose mother had died at the age of nine had turned into a distrusting and bad-tempered, sad person. 

so when the two collide, so do their worlds.
and collision sometimes causes explosion.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
— the prelude

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 motion of the car and the beat of the music blasting in my ears blended together in perfect harmony, making my mind drift away from the present. A mix of anxiety and impatience was brewing in my mind, causing me to bite down on my lower lip with vigor.

It would be less than a day before my life was to be completely uprooted again.

I guess some might say, this was a homecoming, and it certainly felt like one, to an extent. Yet my mind was determined to convince me of the worst. Moving back to the Outer Banks would either be a breeze or a complete whirlwind.

I hadn't visited since my freshman year in high school and therefore hadn't really been able to keep up with my oldest friends. Social Media had helped me stay somewhat in the loop, with the ongoings of JJ, Kiara, Pope, and John B. Though one must add, that that's never really the reality of life.

My mind kept spinning round and round like a carousel, spitting out the worst situations.

What if they don't like who you've become?

I took a deep breath, my eyes glued to the landscape passing me on the way to the airport.

The sudden move was attributed to the deterioration of my grandmother's health, and her unwillingness to leave the place where she had been born and raised.

Santa Monica had become my home at the age of thirteen and had been good to me, causing me to be ever so fond of the west coast. Yet, something in me would always long to be back on the remote island in the east, surfing all day and wreaking havoc in the familiarity of the Cut.

Pulling me out of my trance, my brother Tyler slammed his side of the car door shut, signaling our arrival at the airport.

Time to go back home.