𝟎𝟏𝟕.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

017. ❝ we're so fucked
there was something in the air that night

          "𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 you play all for your girls, you're just trying to be humble," I laughed.

A playful scoff left his mouth. "The things you think about me Barrington," he shook his head. "Truly hurtful."

"Aw, poor baby is mistreated. And by a Pogue of all people," I jokingly sympathized, placing my head on his shoulder. "They should have me killed."

"Burned at the stake."

"For insinuating that you are playboy?" I asked in disbelief, my eyes wide and a confused smile plastered on my face.

"Yes," he giggled, which was honestly adorable.

"Oh you're joking," he threw his head back as he heard the intro to Fernando by ABBA.

"Don't you dare hate on ABBA they have so many bangers, you can't even dispute it."

He gave me a mischievous grin. "There was something in the air that night," he pulled me up giving me a spin.

"Stop," I brought out through laughs. Embarrassed by the people watching us with confused expressions. But being here with him, joking around was bliss beyond belief.

"If I had to do the same again, I would my friend," we sang as we quickly made our way off the boat, to get out of sight of all the older people staring at us.

I felt like I was in a goddamn musical.

As soon as the plank was laid for the passengers to get off board, Rafe took my hand and pulled me off with him. " Are you a fugitive or something?" I laughed breathlessly when we stopped jogging.

"No, not necessarily. But when I stood up I saw one of my dad's friends and I wasn't trying to put you through that extremely boring conversation."

"What a gentleman," I readjusted my backpack, which reminded me.

I swung it to the font and unzipped it, taking out the disposable camera. "Say cheese."

Rafe stuck his whole face into the camera making only him and his big grin visible. "Adorable if I do say so myself."

"And so humble," he took it out of my hand.

"Now come on, let's get something to drink."

I followed him to a diner, which was rather empty. "Hey Sherry."