𝟎𝟑𝟕.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

037. ❝ we're a team remember?
and i'll never go home, again

𝐓𝐘𝐋𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

"Sorry dude, she hasn't left her room since the funeral," Kie looked back at me with a concerned expression.

Her body weight nervously shifted from one leg to another, her entire demeanor seemed odd and almost guilt-ridden. "It's not your fault. You know how close Stells and G-Liz were."

Kie licked her lips and tugged at the hem of her tie-dye shirt. "Has she told you about what happened before Liz's death?" her eyes briefly looked into mine before gazing back at her yellow vans.

"No, that night I took her out for a walk... You know after she found Grams... And she didn't utter a word. She hasn't ever since. So, no I have no idea what happened before," Kiara bit down on her lip and looked at me with even guiltier eyes.

The seagulls cawed and the island had found itself in its usual buzz, everyone was indeed still grieving, but moving on with life.

Not Stella though. 

She was still deeply in denial; denial of the fact that a part of her had been taken away for all of eternity and there was no more returning it.

Kie opened her mouth, anxiously running a hand through her hair. "It's just that—" my eyes and focus moved away from the Kiara toward the tall frame that appeared behind her.

"Fuck off Cameron," I rolled my eyes, refocusing them on the Carrera girl in front of me. However, she turned to look at the guy behind her, who had shown up almost daily these last weeks.

"So it's true?" her voice dripped exasperation. "I can't fucking believe it. The fucking audacity you have."

Rafe's eyes moved between Kie and me, before digging into his trousers and taking out a cigarette. "None of your business Kie."

Arrogant as he was, he stood there smoking a cigarette, a smirk even appearing on his lips. "Interesting though that you say I have a whole lot of audacity," he squinted his eyes at her. "After all, Stella and I are on more than good terms, whereas you... Well, you know what you and your little Pogue friends did."

I clenched my jaw, as I slowly started to realize what the fuck was going on. "Don't tell me the girl you're with is my little sister."

Rafe moved his gaze away from Kiara and toward me, a sly grin on his face. "Remember that night at the 7/11... Well yeah, sorry for not coming back to you on that," he raised his brow cockily.