𝟎𝟎𝟓.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

005. ❝ curiosity killed the cat
i knew you were trouble, when you walked in

           𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐃 the sweat pearl from my forehead, walking back towards the bar.

I had been working for roughly three hours and was tired. No matter what people said, customer service was fucking hard.

Smiling at everyone, listening to Karen's send back their orders, "because I gave them a hamburger, not a cheeseburger without cheese" was mind-numbing.

Whole fucking dilemma.

After wiping down most of the tables I walked back to the bar, to take of sip water.

"You're doing well," Ashley stated drying a glass and putting it in its place.

"Thank you," I smiled at the gorgeous girl in front of me. "I was kind of worried that I'd end up being overwhelmed or completely screwing it up."

"Trust me, I've had my fair share of experience with people who did not know how to work here. You did amazing," she looked at me and pointed toward the tip jar, which was pretty much full.

To be fair, most of those tips were from perverted older men who were just staring at us like we were objects, nevertheless, money was money at the end of the day.

"I appreciate your feedback, thank you," I replied, taking another sip of water.

"Well, I think you've earned yourself a break. Ask Jonah if he has any leftovers, they most likely do. The kitchen closes at 3 and opens back up at 7, so they sometimes have a leftover dish or two from the lunch rush," Ashley had this motherly nature, and I'm not just saying that because she was offering me free food.

Something about her was nurturing.

Glad to finally sit down for a moment I smiled at the redhead. "Oh, I won't say no to that," I walked into the back, where the kitchen staff was preparing everything for later.

Nervously I shuffled through the different people that were still in the kitchen, finishing up the cleaning. "Hi, I was wondering, if maybe you'd have something leftover... Ashley said it couldn't hurt to ask," uncomfortably I stood before the older guy.

"I'm Jonah," I shook his hand, which he shook rather forcefully. "Come with me, I'll show you what we can offer." I followed his slender physique into the back of the kitchen, where there were 2 dishes wrapped in cling film.