𝟎𝟏𝟖.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

018. ❝ and anyway i thought you liked the rain?
summer lovin' had me a blast

            𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 foggy as thoughts drifted in and out of my head like the water beneath the ferry. Every wave that rocked the boat vibrated through my body. "We are totally busted," I turned to face Rafe.

Rafe's eyes were bloodshot as he stared ahead, his head lightly bopping front and back. "Yes, if we don't that would be a fucking miracle," he turned to look at me, suppressing a laugh.

The blood was rushing to my eyes and I could barely keep them open. The sight of Rafe trying to not laugh, caused a laugh to arise in me; a giggle escaped my lips. "Good that we are headed to a family dinner party."

"You were the one that suggested we eat them," Rafe leaned his head back and let out a deep sigh.

Through the corners of my eyes, I  glanced at Rafe, before looking back out at sea. "How was I supposed to know they'd hit this hard."

"That's Jake. Probably should've warned you," he put an arm around my shoulder.

A heat wave spread throughout me at the feel of his touch. My mouth felt dry and I felt the constant need to giggle.

My surroundings were drowned out by the quiet song which played in the left side of my ear, while the sound of the ocean crashing into the ferry added an additional bass. Every time Rafe and I made eye contact we bust out in a giggle.

I hid my face in my hands before, leaning my head on his shoulder, enjoying the comfortable silence we'd found ourselves in. Mine and Rafe's breaths synced up as his chest rose and fell slowly. With every breath, I enjoyed the fresh air.

"Ok, I have a question for you," Rafe shifted, making me lift my head to look at him.

"Is this like a do you like pineapple on pizza - kind of a question or like an existential one?"

"I think the pineapple pizza question is pretty existential."

"Well, I think that says a lot about you," I gave him a faint smile. "But come on don't shy away now, what were you going to ask?"

He bit the inside of his cheek before looking back at me. "What do you think is worse, loneliness or constant anxiousness of losing the ones you love?"

The question echoed in my mind for a second, as I tried to decipher what he meant. "Came out the gate with a heavy one there."