EPISODE 6 : MARCUS

Mitch was a dangerous man, I knew

Mitch was a dangerous man, I knew. I have witnessed him mingling with gangs and weaponed mass. That was the reason, I hate to associate myself with that semi-Asian fellow.

"Is Mitch the reason for your sister's death ?" I questioned. Partially guaranteed that my assumptions are true.

Paxton's face finched in discomfort and he opened his mouth to speak but the bright waitress interrupted him.

"What are you guys ordering today ?" her beaming youth was a complete antagonist of our situation. I found her a bit annoying. She was gazing and biting her lips while noting Paxton's order. As she left, I deliberately place my hand over Paxton's.

"You can trust me ?" He blinked a few times before continuing again.

He and Patricia were not that close due to the decade age gap.

"She was my sister after all -" he said and gripped my palm tightly " She hated this industry. But had to work until one she could not -"

Paxton was not emotional but I could sense his disappointment and grief at losing a family member. He breathed heavily while narrating how badly people treated an adult film actor.

"She had consumed a high dose of sleeping pills -"

"Here is your order ." The same blonde waitress roughly slammed the trays of catering. She had a sour expression seeing our fingers tangled. She left quickly.

"You look so good !" I changed the desolating subject to a neutral one "You could easily be a model or enter Hollywood !"

His mouth crooked into a smirk that vanished in no time.

"I love my work," he said in a slow low groan as if lying.

We talked the next about other things mostly work-related that were only common between us. He paid the bill against my will to divide it. The attribute of a true gentleman.

"It was fun to know you director -" he whispered while we exited the place.

"Same-" I paused and stared at his perfectly carved face.