Part 3

I took a step back, my back hitting up against a bookshelf. I quickly turned around, try to catch the books before they fell to the floor.

Sadly, I could not and the books fell to the ground with a loud clang. 

I whipped around, hoping that my dad and Will didn't notice, but they were both starring at me.

As I turned around, I nearly tripped on the books around my feet.

"Brooklyn?" I heard my father ask from still inside the dining room.

I cringed at my full name. 

"I-I-I- hey" I stuttered, not sure what to say.

"Oh hey Brooke!" I heard Will say and he started walking towards me, "Come on, there's something I want to show you"

Realizing what he was doing, I quickly followed him down the hall.

Will lead me into the garden, and sat down on the bench.

I sat down with him, wondering what it was that I should say to him.

"What did you hear?" Will asked before I had chance to say anything.

"Nothing," I said, hoping that Will didn't see through my lies like he normally did.

Sadly, he saw right through my words.

He looked at me with his eyebrows raised and that look in his eyes.

"So I heard a little thing about a village but not much," I responded.

He looked at me and his eyes told me he knew that I knew more than I was saying I did.

"So I'm guessing you wanna know what we were talking about?" He asked.

"I- sure," I said.

"Alright. Well in the shortest way to say this is that I think you should go live in the Village," he stated.

I already expected this, but somehow hearing it from him made it seem so much more real.

The Village? 

To be honest, I had never been to the Village before. My father had never let me. He said it was bad for me.

But my father thought very highly of Will. So he may listen to him!

All the people that were going to be there!

And maybe, just maybe, I would be able to find someone I actually loved before he forced me to marry some prince I didn't know.