Part 19

I heard horses behind me.

At this point I had pretty much given up.

I had already lost Maddie. I knew The Guard was going to find me.

So when I heard what i guessed was 10 horses behind me, I had basically given up.

I jumped off the horse, dropping to the ground, trying to hide myself in the bushes. 

I tried not to breath, hoping not to make to much noise.

My heart was beating so loud I could hear it in my ears. It was so loud I was scared The Guard would hear it.

"Brooklyn, I know you're out there," I heard someone say.

I looked up slowly, seeing Lucas walking around.

That was surprising. He was my dad's personal guard. He only left his side for very important things.

He looked around, his eyes catching sight of me.

"Get up!" He ordered.

I stood up slowly, looking around.

There was no good escape. Guards were all around me.

I turned around and took off, running as fast as possible.

Lucas grabbed me, pulling me back.

He held his sword up to my neck.

"Your father wanted you alive. He never said you needed to be unharmed." He stated.

"Fine," I muttered, giving up on trying to escape.

"Get on," Lucas ordered, pushing me towards a horse.

I climbed up on the horse and Lucas climbed up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I resisted the urge to punch him in the face. I hated the fact that he was touching me. Honestly, I hated getting touched by anyone. The only time I ever enjoyed being touched was when Maddie touched me. And now she was going. Because of him.

But If i did punch him, he would probably do worse to me with his sword so I just sat still, hoping for this to be over.