Part 4

"Woah woah woah wait, what do you mean, have me live in The Village?" I asked, shocked and confused.

"I think you should go live in The Village" Will said, nodding like that had cleared anything up.

"But why? What will that do?" I said. 

I stood up and started pacing. I would love to move to The Village, but this seemed way to good to me true.

I didn't understand. The Village had seemed so far away all 16 years of my life. But now? Not only was it possible that I may be going to The Village, but it was possible that I may live there.

But then again, it could all be fake. Will could be lying or joking. Or this could all be a dream.

But none of these seemed to be true. Will wasn't like that. He wouldn't do that to me, he knew how much I wanted to go to The Village.  And it seemed so real. How could this be a dream?

"You know how you don't want to get married?" Will said, snapping me out of my daze. 

"Wait what?" 

I've been wanting to hear those words for so long. What could he mean?

I sat down next to him, hoping with every cell in my body that he meant what he said and that he was right. 

"Well, if you leave for a little bit, maybe I can convince your father to not make you marry that guy. And maybe you can meet someone you like and be a normal person for once," he said, while smiling.

My mind spun. Was he saying what I think he's saying?

I thought about all the things I could do in The Village. All the people I could meet. 

For the first time, I let myself hope for something.