Part 16

I sat there, my heart beating like crazy.

I ran my fingers through her hair slowly.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself for what I was about to do.

"Maddie?" I started, trying to breath normally.

"Yeah?" She asked, picking her head up.

Just breath

"Can we talk about something?"

"Yeah sure," She smiled, sitting up and crossing her legs.

She turned towards me, waiting for me to continue what I was saying.

"Maddie I-," I paused, thinking about how to say it.

"Maddie, ever since I've been here, I've been so much happier than I have ever been in my whole life. All because of you. You're the best thing that ever happened to me. Maddie, I think I'm in love with you," I took another deep breath, closing my eyes, hoping I hadn't just broke our friendship.

"Really?" She asked.

I opened my eyes, looking at her again. Her long, light brown hair. Her dark blue eyes, always curious to learn more.

I nodded, afraid to say anything.

"I think I love you to Ash," Maddie said, her voice barely above a whisper.

I cupped her chin in my hand and kissed her.

I pulled away, not believing what I had just done.

Believe it or not, I had never kissed anyone before. It wasn't really allowed. I never really saw anyone other than knights and the princes that my father invited over.

I smiled and looked into her dark blue eyes. If anyone else had those eyes they would have been haunting.  But they just made Maddie seem more inviting and more Maddie like.

"Did you just kiss me?" Maddie asked, her eyebrows slightly raised.

"I'm sorry, i didn't-"

She leaned forward and pressed out lips together again, stealing all the air from my lungs.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I smiled as I kissed her.

She was all I wanted. I would give everything I had to stay with her. Heck, I would give up living in the palace if i had to.

I leaned in again, letting myself enjoy the moment.